chapter eight

Sooyeon wrapped her arms around Jungkook and pulled him closer.

I looked away quickly, not wanting to see more.

-

I called our driver and he brought me back to our mansion. 

Locking the door behind me, I plopped on the couch and heaved out a sigh as the events that had happened a while ago started replaying in my mind over and over again.

I went upstairs and changed into comfy clothes before entering the kitchen, Searching for something to eat. I pulled out some ingredients from the fridge and started cutting the vegetables and threw them into the pot. 

Not long after, I heard the front door open only to reveal the person that I didn't want to see at all.

He glanced at me before making his way to our (his) room but before he can take another step I called him,

"Where.. were you this morning?"

I asked, curious of if he would lie to me or tell the truth.

"work"

I stayed silent and just nodded. what did I expect? I sighed and continued preparing the food.

-

As I placed the food on the table, I saw Jungkook walking downstairs all dressed up. "I, uh..dinner is ready" I said awkwardly, fiddling with the hem of my apron.

"I'm going out now, I can't" 

my face filled with disappointment as he just walked out the door after giving me a cold answer.

I just stared at the food that was placed at the table, suddenly losing my appetite. I walked back to the living room and laid down on the couch and let myself drift off to sleep.

-

Groaning, I woke up from the loud sound of knocking at the front door. I glanced at the clock, It's 12. who would be visiting at a time like this?

I unlocked the front door and to my surprise a drunk Jungkook stumbled his way in. He lost his balance and was about to fall before I caught him and lead him to lay on the couch.

He looked at me for a moment before passing out. I sighed and headed to the kitchen and got a clean cloth and some water.

I hesitated at first but eventually unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it off him. I held the cloth and dipped it in the water before wiping of the lipstick marks that were on his body.

My chest tightened at the sight and held back the tears that were about to fall.