Chapter 51

Clara's POV

Dad opened the door and wrapped me into a tight hug. He hadn't seen me for a while and I didn't mind the hug. I had told him that I was pregnant but I don't think that he realised just how pregnant I was.

"Do you know the gender of my grandchild?" he asked.

"We aren't going to find out," I told him.

Colby laughed at Dad's expression and he let us in. I was going to hang out with my friends from high school today. I asked Colby if he wanted to come with me and he just laughed at me. I took that as a no. I changed before heading out.

Paige was the only one at the café when I got there and she wrapped me in a tight hug.

"You look good," she smiled.

"So do you," I said.

"How is it going with the pregnancy?" she asked.

"It's been good. I've still been working and I haven't felt too bad so far," I said as Misha joined us.

Misha hugged me as well and when Stacy joined we started talking more about my pregnancy. I hadn't had a bad pregnancy. When I said that in front of Colby he laughed a little bit. I asked him about it and he told me that I was moody at times. I hit him.

It was nice to hang out with these girls. I had friends at work but I would never forget my friends of high school or college. We had a lot of fun and it was a good chance to catch up. I briefly got asked about the Super Bowl but I didn't really want to talk about it.

Colby tried to not show how much it affected him but sometimes I could see it. It was going to be something that I was going to hurt for a while. It wasn't that he had played badly but you always feel like you can play better.

I was hoping to come home a bit more over the next year but with Colby's football and my work it is always hard to know. I wanted to come home and see Dad more and see my friends more often. I headed home after being at the café for a couple of hours.

I walked in the door to see Colby and Dad sitting in the lounge, talking. Colby had a slight smile on his face as the two men were talking. I didn't want to stop their bonding time so I headed into the kitchen to start making food.

They must have smelt me cooking because they both came into the kitchen.

"Are you alright cooking?" Dad asked.

"Don't bother. She is too stubborn to sit down and let someone else do it for her," Colby teased.

He moved behind me and lifted me up onto the bench. I tried to get back down onto the floor but Colby wouldn't let me.

"You are sitting there and I'm going to cook," he said.

"But..."

"No, buts. Sit there and talk to your Dad," he said.

I didn't bother arguing with Colby because he is just as stubborn as I am. There was no point arguing with him so I let him cook and I turned away from him to talk to my Dad.

Dad and Colby were talking downstairs while I was upstairs getting organised for bed. I was tired even though we hadn't done much but that was the pregnancy. I heard someone walk up the stairs and I turned around to see Colby walk into the room.

He had my phone in his hand and he was glaring at me.

"Who is Alex?" he asked.

"What?" I asked in shock.

"Who is Alex?" he repeated.

"He was a guy from college. He stalked me through part of my time at college. He somehow managed to find my number and he was been sending me messages and voicemails," I admitted.

"What?"

"Why were you looking at my messages?"

"Because your phone kept vibrating? Have you seen what he had been sending you?"

I had read some of them but then I gave up. They were all disgusting and about the sexual things that I was going to do.

"How long has he been texting you?" he asked.

"I don't know. A couple of months?"

"A couple of fucking months. Why the fuck did I not know about this?"

"I didn't want to worry you."

"I'm your fucking husband. Even if you didn't want to worry me now how come I didn't know in college?"

I didn't have anything to say to that and I could see how angry Colby was. He grabbed one of the pillows from the bed and threw it across the room. He sat down on the bed and rested her hands in his hands.

"I'm going to go to Arizona and spend time with my friends so that I can leave this behind. I think that we need to stop and think about what we are doing if you think that it is alright to not tell me these things," he said.

I was speechless and he quickly packed up everything that he had in the room. I tried to protest before he left the room but he wasn't having any of it. He threw my phone onto the bed before leaving and headed downstairs.

He said something to my Dad but I wasn't listening. I had curled up in bed and started crying. I knew that I should have told Colby a long time ago but he had gone through my phone and looked at the messages.

Dad came in and sat down beside me. Thankfully he didn't ask what was wrong but he sat there and comforted me.

"Colby will come back," he told me.

"But what if I have stuffed this up?" I asked, still crying.

"Colby is and always will be in love with you. He will come and try and fix it with you but he just needs space," he assured me.

I nodded but I couldn't stop crying. I love Colby and I don't want things to end like this. I grabbed my phone and deleted all the messages from Alex before blocking his number. I had to get Colby back.

..................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One