Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"I'm going to take this." Emily stepped into the guest room and answered the call. "Hello?" She asked, thinking maybe Sabrina had called her by accident.

"Emily, hey." Emily had missed the sound of Sabrina's voice. There were so many things that she wanted to say but she just couldn't find the words. She wanted to ask Sabrina to come back. She wanted to ask Sabrina how she was. She wanted to tell Sabrina she was sorry for loving the war more than her. But as usual, no words came out of her mouth. Sabrina sighed when Emily gave her no response. "Spencer told me you were back, I wish I could be there but my job has me working in California." Sabrina sounded different, older, more tired. Emily couldn't blame her. For the four years that they had been together, Emily was absent for them all. Missing Christmas together, missing anniversaries, they hadn't spent any time together.

"Yeah, that's okay babe...Um, how long until you get back?" Emily swallowed hard, trying to keep the tears from coming. Today had been an emotional day, all she wanted to do was sleep.

"Two months." Sabrina paused, in the background, she was rustling papers around. "I got your card for my birthday. Thanks for that." Emily could hear Sabrina's smile through her voice. Emily was glad she'd gotten the card.

"I met Alison," Emily stated randomly.

"Shoot! I'm sorry I forgot to mention that to you. I rented out the house, I knew I wasn't going to be there and I didn't think you'd be coming back anytime soon. I thought it would be a good way to get some extra cash flow." Emily didn't mind too much. Alison seemed okay. Emily would never admit it but she was terrified of being in the house alone.

"It's fine. Pepsi likes her so it's all good." Emily joked. Sadly Sabrina didn't laugh.

"I should go."

DON'T GO.

Come on Emily. Just tell her. Tell her not to go, and that you love her, and want to make things right.

TELL HER THAT YOU NEED HER

DO IT PUSSY.

"Sabrina I..I love you." Emily choked out. It took everything in her to tell her but she did.

"I love you too Emily." Emily smiled at her girlfriend's words. "I'll call you soon." With that, Sabrina ended the call. Maybe things were looking up for her. Emily went back into the kitchen.

"Who was that?" Hanna asked her, not even caring that her mouth was full of Alison's cookies. Emily chuckled at Hanna's lack of basic manners.

"Sabrina," Emily headed for the fridge and got a beer. "She just wanted to tell me that she'd be back soon." Hanna nodded. Not sure what to say next.

"I'm really glad you're back Emily. I missed you a lot you know." Hanna suddenly pulled Emily into her, hugging Emily tightly. Emily loved Hanna so much. Hanna pushed her to come out of the closet, to follow her dreams, and whenever she came home Hanna would take her to IHOP and they would race to see who could eat their stack the fastest. In high school, Hanna would go to all of Emily's swim meets. Hanna would frequently bring pizza over to Emily's whenever she was having a hard day. Hanna had been Emily's rock, and Emily had been hers.

"I know." Emily smiled. Then the doorbell rang, interrupting their moment. Emily went to answer it.

An incredibly short girl was there. "Um hi? Did Alison move or something?" Emily moved to the side allowing the small girl to step in.

"Can I get your name?" Emily asked her.

"Aria." Emily nodded, she went to Alison's bedroom, but not without smacking Hanna on the back of her head playfully.