I live with a vampire and his vampire servants [Chpt 24]

Chapter 24 - Decisions

All day and all night I thought about what I should do. What if I went with Nick and Autumn and another vampire showed up. That would be really risky. They could get hurt and it would be my fault. If I went to the mansion no one would bother to attack them. They'd be safe. But if I go back . . . I could also get hurt. Jordan said he wouldn't let that happen. Should I trust him? I've trusted him so far. Why not with this? I'd be trusting a vampire with my life. That's hilarious.

I was outside in the backyard lying on the grass staring up at the sky. I was listening to music on my iPod. The white puffy clouds passed by as I stared at them. Nick and Autumn were inside making more plans for their wedding. I wore my purple sweat shirt because it was kind of cool out today. The best thing about being in Florida is no snow. I don't get to see snow. It's always warm here. The closest I'll ever get to snow is if I take ice cubes from the freezer and crush them.

I saw something move from the corner of my eye and was thinking it was Nick. I looked over to my right. A cat ran across the lawn into the neighbor's yard. Nope not Nick. I went to go look back up to the sky then someone face ended up in front of mine. I went to go scream but they covered my mouth.

"Shut up. It's just me."

I stopped freaking out and looked at them. Nile? It's Nile . . .

"You look different." He said.

I paused the song on my iPod and shoved his hand off from my mouth. I sat up to get a better look at him. His hair grew out . . . a lot. It was down over his eyes now. It also got darker.

"Haven't seen you in four months." I said.

"Yeah I know. I promised Jordan I wouldn't come but . . . It's been a long time."

I looked over behind Nile to see if anyone was peeking through the back door window. No one was. I looked back at Nile. We kept silent for a little bit.

"Are you thinking of coming back?" He asked.

"How do you know about that? Have you been spying on me? Or has Jordan? Because I know you -."

He came over and covered my mouth. "No, we haven't been spying on you. This is the first time in 4 months I've seen you. Nick has been contacting us."

That little sneak.

I pushed his hand off me once again. "I don't know if I'm going back." I said not looking at him.

"Whatever. Your decision." He said calm.

I looked up at him. "You really need to cut your hair." I said changing the subject.

"Aw, why? I grew it out. I don't want to cut it."

"I can't see your eyes."

"You miss looking at my eyes." He said sarcastic.

"No." I said looking away.

He laughed. "So, um, how have you been doing?"

"Fine." I said fast.

"Were you expecting Jordan?" He asked.

"What? No. I don't want to see Jordan."

"Oh really."

"Yes really."

It got quiet. I listened to the birds chirp from the trees and the wind whistle. I still didn't look at Nile. I wasn't going to do it.

"Will you at least think about coming back?" Nile said breaking the silence.

"I have been. I have been all day and night."