Love Is Everything

Sitting on a stool, Cassie stared right out of the window. She could see Bourbon Street from here, a parade was moving under her. The people seemed happy and carefree the way they danced and laughed.

Her moment of alone time was ended quickly by Elijah coming into her room without knocking.

„Pack your things. We'll go on a road trip."

„You know, you refer yourself as a gentleman however you it seems like you never understood the concept of privacy and knocking before you come in."

Elijah ignored her grim words.

„I understand why your mood is not the best. I intend to change that."

„And how so?"

„You'll see. If I remember right, you always liked surprises. We'll stay there for some days, prepare yourself."

Cassie rolled her eyes and gestured Elijah to leave but started packing afterwards.

She wanted to get out of here and Elijah was willing to help her with that. What could possibly go wrong?

Everything.

She thought dryly.

...

The blonde vampires eyes widened in surprise when her eyes fell on Rebekah and the toddler in her arms. She didn't know what to say and just looked at Elijah.

„I told you, you'll like it."

Cassie carefully stepped closer to Hope and took her out of Original's arms.

„Is...is it safe? I mean..."

Rebekah answered her mumbled attempt to a sentence.

„That's the problem, we don't know if it's safe anywhere. Mother found us. But than this little cozy safe house here came to my mind. It's cloaked and far away from any civilization."

Cassie nodded but had just eyes for the little girl. She loved children and had missed the feeling of holding one. Children were a gift, so precious she was always afraid of breaking them.

Elijah's gaze was fixated on Cassie and Hope. It was beautiful sight. The woman seemed to be happy for that tiny little moment. Her eyes shone in joy. Hope seemed to like her, she giggled playing with blonde curls.

Even tough Elijah could've watched them forever a dark thought crossed his mind and his face got a look of torment. He was the reason she would never be able to have children on her own.

A hundred years ago, when she told him she wished for nothing more than a child, he should have let her go. But his selfish self took her for himself.

And right now he wanted her more than anything in the world.

The last months were filled with agony and he just wanted to have a moment of peace.

He knew it wasn't right to lock her in the compound but he couldn't loose her again. When she lay there, bitten and hallucinating...the memory was just too painful.

...

By the evening, Cassie, Hope and Elijah were alone at the small home. Rebekah had left to help the others in New Orleans. And to give them some time alone, her gaze was definite with that. She hated the sight of these two circling each other.

The Original had made them a warming fire in the chimney. It was a nice atmosphere, somehow cozy and comforting.

Cassie had just brought Hope into her room, already sleeping free of nightmares.

She prepared two glasses with blood and gave one to Elijah.

„Cheers."

She smiled and sat next to him.

„It's nice to have this little illusion...this little getaway from reality."

„That's what you imagined our future, right? You, preparing dinner for me. Me, arriving from a exhausting job, sitting on the couch, playing with our children."

Cassie stared at the blood in her glass. She had imagined this a thousands times.

There was a long silence before Cassie sighted.

„But we are not normal, Elijah. We are what we are. Maybe we are destined for it. You know, we both have done horrible things...but especially you always do everything to make up for it. Stop craving what you can't have. That's what your mother wants. Stick to the things that are here right now."

Elijah looked in her eyes.

„So, you are here and you are the one person in the world I want to be with. But I can't have you."

He was truthful to her for the first time since they met again.

„Elijah...I...I can't."

Standing up, he broke the eye contact and covered his face in his hand.

„I understand. What I did is unforgivable."

Before she could reply he went out of the room.

Cassie curled up on the couch and watched the fire until sleep embraced her.

...

Hours later, she woke up noticing that Elijah had covered her in a blanket.

Confused she looked around, her sight caught by a certain someone standing in front of the window, his back facing her.

He was shirtless his short hair still wet from showering.

Silently Cassie stepped behind him. It was dark, but the moonlight made his skin seem even paler than usual.

She placed a hand on his bare back and felt his muscles tense under her touch. He still didn't shifted his gaze from the glass of the window.

Being a bit more forward, Cassie ran her index finger down his spine. She felt a sudden heat burning her body up, making her legs a bit unstable but she covered it.

The play of his muscles being relaxing by her touch but the next moment tensing because it was so intense was breathtaking.

They didn't spill a word when Elijah grabbed her neck and pulled her into a releasing kiss. Cassie didn't hesitated and kissed him back, placing her hands on his chest.

It somehow felt new but still it was like they haven't stopped doing that in the last century. Just that right now there was even more passion, more fire.

Their bodies matched perfectly. Even tough she was so small compared to him. His hands were so experienced, he knew where she liked to be touched. And he melted by every passionate look she gave him.

Before anything more could happen they ended the kiss and Cassie wrapped her arms around Elijah. She buried her face at the base of his neck.

A single tear ran over her cheek.

.......................................................

The last chapter sucked. It was kind of a filler :D so I decided I'll give what you all want: two chapters on one day and an Elijah-and-Cassie kiss <3