07 》Banner Tutorial

As requested by @OliveTheLeaf

Banners are graphics that are used in stories, either to give readers a feel of how the character looks like or just a simple advertising. In this tutorial, I'm going to be teaching you guys how to make a banner.

Examples of banners:

01 || The Size

01 || The Size

Banners can come in many shapes and sizes, there isn't really a specific size you must use, but the most commonly used size (and the one I use) is 700x110.

02 || The Content

Before you begin, think about what you want your banner to be about. Is it going to be a character banner? Is it going to be a title banner? Or is it going to be both?

What to think about:

- Text
-Font
-Background
-Foreground

The content of your banner is very important, because it's going to lead into the next step.

03 || The Background

The background of your banner matters so, so much. It will help readers understand what the story is about better. Choose a background that makes sense to be in your story (eg. Do not use a dark forest background in a happy Teen Fiction story banner)

04 || The Foreground

This may not be used in every banner, but say the author likes to display a character or two on the banner, you have to find a picture of them.

Usually, PNGs (pictures without backgrounds) are lifesavers, but remember to find a PNG that suits the color scheme; if not, recolor the person's clothing.

05 || The Text

What are you going to write on your banner? This is a part that should be thought about when considering different kinds of content.

For me, I like to use Phonto to add text onto my banners (but if you have another text app and it works for you, go ahead) and rely on dafont.com to get my fonts. Take your time to search for a nice font.

06 || Filters

This step is optional. If you'd like, you can add a filter or two onto the banners to enhance its color.

And there you have it! If you have any questions, please do tag me (xxheadlightsxx ) in the comments section, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.