No Longer Existing

"You no longer exists, unfortunately. Such tragedy, isn't it? A soul still young, discarded." A pale girl said, emerging from the emptiness of the black void. She hovered from what Taro thought was supposed to be the ground. "Wh-what do you mean no longer exist?! If this is some sort of joke it isn't funny!!" Taro yelled, quivering slightly. The pale girl chuckled. "If it was, my sister would know I do exist. I would go to the same school as her. But I don't. She doesn't even know she had a sister." The pale girl sang. She hovered closer to Taro.

Black veins could be seen all over her ghost white skin upon closer inspection. She wore a regular school uniform, but the color scheme wasn't the same. Her eyes were almost like empty voids, two specks of white occupying the role of her pupils. Her white hair was in pigtails, moving around as if she were submerged in water. Black oozed from her eyes and mouth. In one word, she was a nightmare.

"Wh-why, what happened?" Taro asked, fear lacing his words. He was never one to hide his emotions well, especially fear.

"A trial." The ghost-like girl said, "Someone went through one, and they passed it. Because of their success, you've been taken away." Taro still didn't comprehend the reason he was there. "You were a distraction to the individual's goal to completing the trial. Yet they reached the goal. Upon winning the trial you were erased. It wasn't their wish, though. They only wished to have a chance to win another's heart. But the person they were infatuated with had a deep obsession with you." The girl added.

Taro looked down at himself. He didn't understand how anyone was in love with him. He was just a nerd trying to get by in school who sat reading on the fountain every day.

Taro looked up at the girl and took a deep breath.

"...what do I have to do?"

The girl squealed and clapped, twirling around. "Complete the trials. Win their hearts back." Taro blinked in confusion, "What do you mean? Who's hearts?" He asked. The girl pat his head. "Every girl who's loved you. If you don't win back the one who was obsessed with you you'll be here with me, forever."

Taro sighed and looked up at the girl, not believing what he was about to say...

"I want to exist again. I'll do it."

The girl smiled widely. "Great! And to make it official.." she started to say, a bookmark spawning in her hand. It was the one that Taro always used. She clenched it and showed it unwrinkled, a pentagram now on it. "If you ever need me this will help. Just don't let it show." She explained. Taro nodded and took back the book mark, bowing his head. "Arigato."