Chapter 2: The Fun Begins

When I walk into my hallway, I hear noises coming from my apartment. The sound got a little louder. I open the door and see a girl sitting on the couch. We both scream in fright.

“Who the hell are you!?” I said.

The girl stood up and said, “Well…my name is Genevieve Groven, sir. Are you gonna shoot me?”

“No I'm not gonna shoot you but, what the hell are you doing in my house?” I asked.

“Wow you have a real potty mouth.”

“Answer m-. Wait did you say your last name Groven?” I asked.

She smiled and said, “Yes and I’m here because my mom is getting her stuff from upstairs.”

At that moment my recent ex-wife comes down the stairs with a bag of clothes and her lamp. She had on her expensive fur coat that her boyfriend gave her while we were together. By her boyfriend I mean my best friend.

“Hello Nathaniel.” She said.

“What are you doing here Madison?” I asked her.

“I came get the rest of my things, she continued, I see you still live in this trash hole we called an apartment.”

Genevieve said, “Mommy don’t be so mean to this man.”

“Oh, I see you’ve met our daughter.” Madison said.

I looked at her with a confused look. “What do you mean our daughter?” I asked.

“Um…..Should I be hearing this?” Genevieve asked with a worried look on her face.

“Let’s go out into the hallway and talk.” I said.

“Okay, we’ll be in the hallway if you need us.” Madison said to Genevieve.

We go into the hallway to talk.
“Why didn’t you tell me we had a kid?” I asked.

She rolled her eyes and said, “I recall you being too drunk off your ass to even notice that I was pregnant.”

“I was young and dumb and that was a long time ago.”

“Yeah whatever. She continued, Anyway, When I found out I was pregnant I was visiting my mother in Hawaii. I stayed there until she was born.”

“Why the fuck did you keep her away from me for this long?!”

“Because, I didn’t want her to be around you while you were acting like that.”

“Look I’m sorry for what happened back then. I continued, At least give me one chance to get to know her.” I said.

“Fine, I’ll give you one week to get to know her. Promise me you won’t do anything stupid. She said.

"Thank you some much Maddie. I promise you I won’t.”