Christmas With Usui (1)

Misaki growled and kicked yet another poor can down the sidewalk, she had just gotten fired from the café down the road. She didn't do anything wrong, it's just that they got a new boss that wasn't very fond of Misaki nor any of the other workers there. She was almost 100% sure the rest of them had lost their jobs shortly after her, how absurd! She had finally made it to her old, run down apartment complex. Getting inside she immediately felt much warmer, and walked up the flight of stairs to her first floor apartment. There was nothing special about it, just a small living room and kitchen, two bedrooms and one washroom. She was grateful she could at least afford a place to live, one with heat as well.

She was about to head to her bathroom for a shower, when a loud knock was heard on her door. Sighing, she walked over and looked through the peep hole to see her building manager's son. He was a snobbish boy that loved to pick on people, especially  her. She begrudgingly opened her door, and greeted her tormentor.

"Hello Louis, what do you want?" She said, too tired to care.

"Ah Misa, my favourite person in the world. I'm here to collect your monthly rent." He replied, nothing was wrong with that, it's just that Misaki had never gotten her pay check for this week. No pay check, no rent money.

Well doesn't she have some extra money? Sadly her pay check was only enough to pay her rent and buy some groceries, maybe clothes if she really needed some, much to her dismay.

"Uhm, you see... I sort of got fired from my job today so I don't have my rent money. I'm sorry, can you maybe come by next week?" She asked, as politely as possible.

A smirk grew on Louis's face, "Sorry Misa, I can't allow that. Please be out of your apartment by tomorrow at 2:00 pm." He said, his smirk only growing.

"W-what?! You can't be serious!"

"Bye Misa!" He said, and left to the next door over, closing her door for her.

Misaki stared at the door for what felt like forever, before slowly sinking to her knees. After 2:00pm tomorrow, she would be homeless.

-

She had packed all her clothes in a suitcase, and still had more room to pack other things in as well. She decided to get the bare necessities as she only had one suitcase and a duffle bag. It took her 2 hours but she had finally packed all she needed, she looked at the clock and saw it was 8:00 pm. She had an hour or so to see if there were any stores looking for a worker, that way she won't have to leave.

Putting on her winter attire, she left her apartment and locked the door. She walked down the stairs and out the door into the frigid December night, In search of a job.

-

Nothing.

Barely any stores were open and she had been walking around for hours, it was already 11:34pm! She decided to walk back to her apartment, all hopes of finding a job were gone. Just as she was about to cross the deserted road, she bumped into something, or rather someone and fell down. Looking up she saw a very handsome man looking down at her, his green eyes widened in surprise. He seemed to have snapped out of it and put out his hand, which she took and got up.

"Sorry about that.." Misaki said, dusting off some snow from her jacket.

"Nah, I should be sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." The man said.

They stood there awkwardly for a few moments, before he spoke again.it

"Uhm, I'm Usui." He said awkwardly, he kind of looked cute.

"Oh, I'm Misaki... What're you doing outside so late?"

"Err looking for one of my workers, she quit on me earlier today and I'm hoping I can get her back."

Misaki looked up at that, this could be the perfect opportunity for her!

"Oh really.. I just lost my job, how coincidental.."

"Well the job I need to fill is a personal maid, are you interested?"

"Are you serious?! Of course!" Misaki's slightly gloomy face lit up like a Christmas tree.

"Yeah, you can start tomorrow if you want. You'll get a room in my mansion, and $250 pay every month."

And with a nod of her head, their story began.
--------------------------------------------
Ello! Here's my second Christmas story! It'll be a short story so I hope you enjoy!!