Christmas With Usui (3)

Misaki stared up at Usui as he stared down at her, both of them looked like tomatoes. The first to recover from their shock was Usui, who quickly got up, putting a hand out for Misaki.

After they were both on their feet, Misaki spoke. "Sorry, I shouldn't have left that basket there.."

"No, no! I should've watched where I was going.." Usui said quickly, not wanting her to take the blame.

An awkward silence enveloped them, before Usui spoke again.

"I'll take my leave now, you may continue your work." And with that he was out the door.

"He left as fast as lightning..." Misaki mumbled, before picking up one of the laundry baskets and leaving as well. Someone had to put those clothes to wash, or no one would.

-

By the time Usui came back to his room, it was all clean with a pile of wrapped presents in a corner. Misaki however was no where in sight, most likely in her own room by now. The blonde ran a hand through his hair as he remembered the previous events that took place in this room, causing a small blush to appear on his cheeks. Now Usui wasn't so popular that woman threw themselves at his feet so when they don't it isn't a shock to him, however compared to the other woman he's been acquainted with, Misaki seemed different. She didn't treat him with so much respect he felt like some sort of king the same way the other workers do, she treats him quite normally. A small smile graced his face as he thought about it, having Misaki around sure will be a breath of fresh air around this 'castle' of his.

Usui walked over to the stack of presents in the corner, each tagged with their respective names. He hadn't put Misaki's gift in the pile however, instead he planned on taking her on a shopping spree. He had seen how little she owned and how empty her room looked, he really wanted her to feel at home here and her bare room wasn't helping. Of course he expected her to decline his gift, so he came up with a battle plan. It was a very smart idea to him, he simply planned on telling her it was an order, and that she had to do it. Since everywhere was closed on Christmas, he planned on going on Boxing Day. Let's just hope it works...

-

Misaki stared at the star filled sky, and thought of her mother and sister. She had moved out some time ago, hoping to get enough money to move them out of the ghost town of a neighbourhood they lived in. However, here she was working as a maid and living in someone else's house. She hadn't been able to call them from her cell since it kept saying the number was not in service, which probably meant they couldn't pay the phone bill. Misaki planned on sending all her money from her first pay check to her family, maybe it'll ease her mother's and sister's worries for a while. Yawning, she stretched her arms and turned off the light, deciding to go to sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a big day, she needed as much rest as she could get.

-

She was woken up by a maid she did not know at 5:30 am, which was when they started decorating the house for the party. Turns out, Usui made last minute plans to let anyone come to the party, which meant they had to put away any expensive objects and trinkets away until it was over. Misaki had to work on Usui's breakfast first though, which is what she did. By the time she finished it was around 6:30am, shrugging off the thought that it was too early to wake him up, she rushed up the steps to his room. Inside, as expected the blonde man was asleep. Misaki put his breakfast down and walked over to wake him up the easiest way possible, she jumped on him.

"Ouch!" He yelled sitting up, Misaki got off him quickly and picked up his breakfast pretending nothing happened.

"Oh, hey Misaki." He said, taking his breakfast. "Did you see what hit me or whatever just now?"

Misaki stayed silent but shook her head, she was still slightly embarrassed cause of the events yesterday. Noticing this, Usui frowned. He didn't want things to be awkward between them, so putting on his friendliest smile he grabbed a red envelope on his nightstand and handed it to her.

"Merry Christmas, Misaki. Let's forget about what happened yesterday, it'll be very hard to do your job of we're awkward with each other." He smiled.

Misaki took the envelope and opened it, inside was a simple, hallmark Christmas card. She looked up at him in confusion before looked back down at the card, taking it out to read it.

Merry Christmas!
I haven't known you for long, so I had no idea what to get you. After lots of thinking I decided to simply take you out on a shopping spree tomorrow, since you barley have anything of your own. You can buy whatever you want, and how much you want, I'm paying. I also left a little gift in the envelope for your family, since you told me a little about them when we drove here. :)
              Sincerely,
                       The best boss ever, Usui B)

Misaki stared at the letter, before looking into the envelope once again and widening her eyes. She took out the piece of paper with Usui's signature, this paper, this cheque, fwas worth $10,000, and the best part was that it was for her family. Not only that, but he was taking her on a shopping spree, what more could she ask for?! Tears blurred her vision as she did something she didn't even expect, she jumped up and hugged him, saying 'Thank you' over and over again.

Usui chuckled as he hugged her back, a warm smile on his face. Seeing her happy made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside, probably cause she was his friend now, right?

"Usui, the money for my family is more than enough, you don't need to take me shopping!" Misaki said, pulling away.

Usui looked at her and smiled, "but you're my personal maid, which means you follow my orders."

"But you didn't order me to go shopping with you..."

Usui raised an eyebrow. "Alright then, I order you to go on a shopping spree with me tomorrow." He smirked, she couldn't get away from this.

Rolling her eyes she agreed, but then suddenly became aware of their position. Her arms were placed on his shoulders and his hands held her lightly by the waist, although as she looked up as his face, she saw that he didn't mind. Deciding they needed to start preparing for the party, she stepped away and walked to the door.

"Hurry up! You can't stay in here all day, we have a party to plan." She scolded him.

Usui rolled his eyes before looking back at her, "Yes, mom." He mumbled. Misaki raised an eyebrow before walking into the hall, closing the door behind her. Working with Usui was sure going to be interesting...
--------------------------------------------
I'm not sure if I should have one final chapter or end it here, so you guys decide! I'm not sure if I'll ever make this into a full story since I'm pretty busy with my other stories, but maybe I will one day. Anyways, hope you enjoyed!