Promise?

(Author's Note: This takes place before Baby Blooper is a full blown kraken so he's still in Squid child form.
You may proceed.)

Baby Blooper (Third Person)
Jolting awake, the child gasped and sat up in his bed, still shaking.

The nightmares still echoed in his mind causing the surrounding darkness to become all the more sinister. All alone on his large green bed, he gripped the covers with his purple tentacles, pulling it in like a makeshift force field. Shakes breaths were taken in by the child as he just breathed, eyes wildly glancing around. It took him a moment to process where he was, but then felt like an idiot for taking so long. The squid being was still in his home, the Conch Command. He had practically grown up in the enormous spiked shell that held a criminal empire with its walls. The Tide Changers was the name of the people he grew up to know. Among them, was the leader and his father, KrakenKid.

Checking the much larger white and purple bed not too far way, Blooper was easily able to identify his father's purple body, still sleeping peacefully. Blooper envied him, wishing he could do the same.

Blooper knew that with all the guards around, the Conch Command was a true fortress and he was in one of the safest places in Atlantis. He could even see two of the humanoid Squid guards that Dad called Illithids. Blooper knew this, repeating it to himself but nothing would stop the rising fear to disappear.

It was just a nightmare! He attempted to reason with himself. The young one did his best to forget it all and closed his eyes.

As the young kraken waited for sleep to come to him, the memories of what he dreamed became more vivid. Once again, his eyes opened and he felt worse than before. But you're a kraken! A rare and tough species! You're supposed to create fear in others! Your Dad's a villain and one day, you will be too! Villains don't get scared remember? Baby Blooper did what he could to force bravery on himself, but then another thought came. But you're not a kraken yet... Not a full blown one anyways. Remember what Dad said? You won't be one until your next birthday when they do the process. Plus, you're still a villain in training...

After thinking this, fear pulses through his body. His mind scrambled and suddenly became one track: he needed his father.

Looking up again, the kraken was still there, barely moved at all. Hesitation filled his tiny form. KrakenKid often told him how much he loved his sleep. Blooper knew that with his line of work of running a villain empire, sleep was a blessing. The leader would often joke to him about how he wished he could take as many naps as Blooper could. Blooper knew that he only got a limited number of hours a night, ranging from seven, all the way down to one on a bad day. The kid didn't want to deprive his parent from what he needed, but when the terror continued to linger inside of him, he compelled himself forward.

Climbing onto the bed, his mini tentacle reached out and pressed against his father's side, shaking him gently. When he didn't respond, it became more frantic. Dad! His bad dream felt like it was coming to life again. He kept trying until the kraken came to.

Blinking rapidly, the eyes focused in on him, then filled with confusion. "... Blooper?" The child nodded in response. As seconds passed, the leader gathered himself, now shifting into a sitting position.

"Blooper, what is it? Is it time to wake up for the day?" The yellow eyes of his Dad searched out the window not too far from his bed but frowned once he saw the darkness. Turning back, they locked eyes. He shook his head in response to what he asked.

"Well then why are you awake at..." He took a quick glance at the clock on his nightstand. "4 AM? Shouldn't you be sleeping?"

When Blooper didn't meet his eyes, his voice became concerned. "Blooper... What's wrong? Talk to me."