Before we begin...

I ran down the sidewalk, tears welling up in my eyes. Blood was seeping out of  my head, slowly taking my conciseness. I somehow tripped over nothing, and landed harshly on the cement ground, scraping my hands and knees. Not bothering to stand up again, I placed my knees to my chest, and let my tears flow.

"Why?" I sobbed out. "Why me?" I know I was asking useless questions, and I surely wasn't expecting an answer. However, I gained one.

"I don't know. But, please, follow me so I can fix your injury," I heard a voice say. I looked up to see a pale face, with emerald eyes, and cherry red cheeks to complement her skin. She had big, fiery red pigtails, and a red, loose dress with black flats. She was around my age; eleven. I glared at her.

    "Why should I?" I sneered. "You're just their little pet." Her eyes went from a sorrowful gaze to a hostile stare.

    "I'm not their pet! I'm just there, okay?"

    "Okay, then how about this scenario? There's this girl, see? And everyday, her jackass boyfriend beats some kid up for fun, and she just watches, too scared to do anything!" My eyesight was slightly fuzzy, and my head was pounding, but I showed no sign of it.

"I'm not his boyfriend! I'm his sister, jerk. Besides, I don't even like Freddy. Sometimes I just wanna leave."

"Why?" Anger was leaving my body, due to my mind now spinning, and everything was a blur.

"Because it isn't right. Everyday I watch you get beaten up by him, and I hate it. I know you're his regular customer, and I-(y/n)?!"

    The world was now going too fast, and I blacked out, my head hitting the concrete once again. I still heard her screaming for me to get up...

    I awoke in my bed, breathing hard, and sweat trickling down me. I placed my hand on my head, sighing when I felt no blood. I looked at my alarm. With bright numbers, it read 10:32. Man, I thought. I guess it's a good thing for that dream, then. Well... Memory.

I just got a job yesterday for a night shift at some restaurant. It was strange that they needed security for an underground place at night, but who was I to judge? Shaking my head, I climbed out of my covers, shivering at the cold air, and lazily putting on my uniform. Guess I won't be getting anything to eat, then. Heh, what a waste. I grabbed the keys to my house and car, then walked out the front door, locking it.

"Let's see how this goes."

••••

Hey, guys! So, as you can see, this is just a simple, most likely ten chapter story, that I planned out for you guys. Now, this will be my first real story on this account, so please be nice to me. Have a wonderful day/evening, and enjoy!