Prologue

"Cor, are you sure?" Sianna asked. "Why not? We're already getting offers. Let's break these motherfuckers and stack." He replies. They were both sophomores in college, Sianna being older by a year. She had decided to take a year off and started when Decordre did. They were sitting in their shared apartment, a few blocks from the Bethune-Cook University in Florida. For the last several months, both individuals have been asked by older men and women to be sugar babies. They both said no because they were in a relationship. But shit was getting tight. The year was almost over and tuition was coming up. Besides, they still had rent and bills to pay and their $10 p/h jobs weren't cutting it. "Decordre, this is a gamble, man. You know how this shit goes. Sugar always has to be given." "No, it doesn't. You can finagle one of these old men. Just like I'll finagle an old hag." He says and she laughs. "Listen, Mami. This is unorthodox, yes. But we can keep it short. When graduation comes, we split." "Ok." "Imma open a new bank account. All the money you do not need, deposit." "Ok. I got you." "Good." Decordre states before walking into their bedroom. He never thought that he'd be a sugar baby. But, shit, this is legit. Better than taking a penitentiary chance by going back to slangin' on the block. "Hello?" "Hi, Caleus. This is Sianna." "Oh. Hello, sweetheart. What can I do for you?" "I ... Um ... I was calling to take you up on that offer." "Oh, really?" "Yea. Kinda had a change of heart." "Splendid. Meet me for lunch in 30? Over by Mulligan's?" "I'll be there." Sianna's heart was thumping. "Decordre! Finally decided to stop playing with little girls and get you a real woman, eh?" Ivelisse says and he rolls his eyes. She was the most arrogant out of all the women who have tried to hook up with him. But she was also the most papered up. So he'd have to deal. "Yea." "Good. There's a banquet tonight. Be ready by 7. Wear a suit. We'll discuss stipulations." "See you then." Decordre murmurs before hanging up. And so it begins.