•2•

"Well maybe you should. Because I'm not interested." I broke the silence between us as I patted his cheek with my hand.

"Um. Excuse me." The door swung open, and the janitor stood in the door way, we grabbed our bags and headed out the door as he muttered something, hastily grabbing his mop and bucket.

The bell rang for end of registration. The corridor's filled with students again. Aidans hand brushed against mine as he walked past. When I looked up he was further in front looking back smiling at me. I looked back down rolling my eyes. Freak.

Continuing to walked to my next class, Eddie jumped from behind, startling me.

"Fuck don't do that!" I screamed as he came into view. Eddie laughed wrapping his arm around me.

Eddie is my best friend. I have knew him since nursery. When we'd stick crayons up our nose and bring insects we'd find in for show and tell.

"What was you doing with Aidan Charles?" Eddie interrogated me, nudging me with his elbow.

"Nothing. Who is he?" I questioned, Eddie explained that he was older than us and that he was sketchy.

I knew he was older. The stubble that ran across his jawline. Aged tattoos peaking through his clothes. The multiple scars etched on his hand.

"Oh and he just got out of juvie." Eddie told me multiple stories and rumours each more extravagant than the last.

We were sat down, half way through our lesson when someone walked into the room. The whole class went silent, I turned around and saw Principal Hector standing there, scanning the room. I quickly turned back around, hoping he didn't see me.

"Miss Moore, I see you. Grab your belongings and head to my office right now." His deep voice filled the classroom, I closed my eyes and muttered.

"Shit"

I wondered through the empty halls, my fingers running along the vomit coloured walls. His office was empty when I arrived.

The past year I had spent so many hours in this office, during school hours and out of hours. Principal Hector wasn't just my Principal he was my unofficial therapist. Days when I couldn't face class I would sit in this office and spill my guts and my feelings.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Phil?" I teased as I heard the door creak open.

Principal Hector pushed my feet off his desk whilst pointing to the seat besides me. That's when I heard Aidan, a smile plastered on his face as he took a seat.

"Hey stranger." Aidan smirked, leaning back on the chair relaxing his long legs.

Hector was adjusting himself in his leather chair typing away on his computer. Reading from his monitor rubbing the bridge of his nose letting out the occasional sigh.

"Can you stop kicking me." My attention from my phone was broken to confront Aidan and his fidgety feet.

"So cold.. I thought we were having fun earlier." He clutched his heart mockingly. A humorous glare shot in my direction, before another gentle kick.

"I swear to god, kick me one more time and I will shove your foot right up your..."

"Enough! Aidan I agreed to take you back as you were doing so well on your placement. It was mainstream or that detention centre. You have let me down. And you Poppy. How disappointed is your father going to be. You promised us both that this term would be a fresh start. I can't keep being lenient with you." Hector lectured us.

"I get that but we didn't do any-." Aidan defended our case, but was interrupted by Principal Hector.

"Truanting class, disobeying instructions, arguing with a member of staff. Pulling the fire alarm." Phil relayed from his computer. Removing his glasses, pinching his nose.

"It wasn't us. Must have been one of them routine alarms." The lies jumped from my mouth, they wasn't convincing at all.

"Mr H. Poppy was on her way to class, but I stopped her, distracted her. She didn't do anything I take full responsibility for the alarm." Aidan confessed to his lie. My expression filled with confusion. Turning my attention to Phil, seeing if he believed a word. He didn't.

"Nice try Charles. But I've seen the cctv. Detention for the both of you. I don't like this pairing. I don't want anymore trouble from you two. Do you understand?" Mr Hector waited for our agreement and sent us on our way.

"I don't need you to take the fall for me. I'm perfectly capable of having a little slap on the wrist by Phil. A raised voice does not scare me unlike other girls." I walked ahead of Aidan calling to him. He laughed and caught up with me.

"I can see that, well to say thank you for trying to take the blame, how about you do something for me?" A cheeky smirk crossed his lips as his cold eyes remained on mine.

"You tried, but failed, so no favours for you." Sarcastically smiling before continuing to walk away from Aidan.

"Well what about my shirt? Don't I get a thanks for that?" He caught up to me once again and tugged on the hem of his shirt I was wearing.

"Thanks."

"What about your number?" He called over to me. I rolled my eyes, laughing at him. Yet again another smirk.

"Wow, you don't give up do you? Takes more than trying to get me out of trouble to get my number." I teased.

"Whatever you want." Aidan wrapped his arm around me and whispered in my ear, causing me to shrug him off.

"How about I take you out after detention and earn your number." Aidan suggested. The confidence in his voice shone through.

"What makes you think I'm going to detention?" I laughed at him. He was full of himself, one of them guy who thought he could have any girl he wanted. Well not me.

"Because you'll get to spend more time with me." Aidan's confidence continued. Extremely cocky. It didn't suit many people but it worked very well for him.

"O-m-g. Really. How could I ever refuse." I mocked half the girls I know. Playfully rolling my eyes before walking back into my class.

Aidan's POV.

Her bitchy attitude didn't scare me off. It intrigued me. I wanted to spend more time with her. She was different. And in the best way. She was her own self not influenced by others.

For the remainder of the school day I only saw her once. Stood by a locker with her friends. She caught me watching her and sent a beautiful glare in my direction.

She leant up against the lockers tangled earphones dangling from her phone, hair falling from her messy bun, my shirt drowning her small frame.

Her eyes would occasionally shift from the screen of her phone to catch mine staring straight back.

Detention finally came around, normally I would arrive late, or not at all. But today I was the first in the small library. Watching the double doors waiting for her appearance.

The library was slowly filling with others who had earned themselves a seat in detention, mutters and stares made my way from the new comers.

A quick menacing look abruptly stopped the stares and chatter of the infamous Aidan Charles.

Five minutes had passed and my eyes remained, eagerly waiting, watching the double doors.

And there she was. Her wavy blonde hair now released from her head and framing her face. Beautiful blue eyes searching for an empty seat. Her eyes met mine as she fought back a smile.

"You took your time."