1 ▹ The Calaveras

The small break from school had yet to end and the McCall pack was already thrown back into supernatural problems. It had been approximately four of five months since Stiles and Taryn were freed from the Nogitsune. Since then, things have been more mellow for the pack; however, Taryn was hiding a big secret from her friends and new family. She thought she was doing the right thing by keeping it hidden because the pack were forced to deal with her being possessed by the dark creature and she didn't want them to worry or bother with her problems anymore. She didn't realize that Scott and Stiles were already suspecting something going on with her.

The main goal—the main reason Taryn and the group were even in Mexico—was to find Derek Hale, who had been taken by a group of werewolf hunters, the Calaveras. This was Taryn's first with seeing how the group worked together, and from everything that she had witnessed, she was positive that none of this went that way that it was supposed to.

Taryn, Stiles, and Lydia were supposed to bribe the leader of the hunters, Araya Calavera, to give them Derek Hale back, while Scott, Malia, and Kira were to keep watch from the dance floor and snoop around for the man. However, Scott and Malia were knocked dizzy by wolfsbane gas and Kira was outnumbered by men and the three were thrown into a locked room where Taryn and Stiles already where.

Lydia had been taken by the Calaveras who then took Scott and Kira and forced Scott to figure out who had turned without being bitten, who had taken Derek Hale. The result had been Kate, who Malia, Kira, and Taryn knew nothing about. However, none were able to ask as they were later thrown out of the building with Araya generously giving the group a Mercenary to lead them to where Kate and Derek were.

Thankfully, while the plan didn't go as right as they hoped, they still got the answer they needed and were sent off.

Currently, the group was seated in Stiles' Jeep. It was a tight fit, but with Taryn sitting on Malia's lap, all six of them were able to fit in the five-seater vehicle. Unfortunately, Malia was able to easily smell the concern radiating off Lydia, Stiles, and Scott, and decided to finally find some answers.

"Okay, I'll ask." She leaned forward, resulting in Taryn to go head first in the rubber storage container between the driver and passenger. She leaned back to her original position, after noticing the distress from Taryn. "Who's Kate Argent."

Kira and Taryn recognized the last name as the late Allison had the same surname, but they weren't sure who she was. They could only assume she was bad news since she took Derek, and people like the Calaveras were hunting her down.

"Uh," Kira lifted her hand nervously, "I'd like to know, too."

"Yeah," Taryn stated, looking between Scott and Stiles, "me three."

"Well, we were at her funeral." Stiles glanced at the rear-view mirror, looking at the three unknowing girls. He glanced away from the mirror and over to Scott in the passenger. "So, I'd like to know how she got out of a casket that was buried six feet underground."

"She was never in it..." Scott announced, trailing off after that.

It was tense for another few seconds, before Lydia spoke up. "She was Allison's aunt. And a total sociopath."

Taryn felt a stab go through her heart at the mention of Allison. Over the few months, Taryn had forgiven herself for everything that happened while she was the Nogitsune, but she couldn't forget what happened to Allison. Everyone seemed to be doing the same thing, as no one blamed Taryn or Stiles, but no one could forget the Argent.

"You don't have to talk about it now if you don't want to." Kira spoke softly, unsure how Scott was feeling in the moment.

"Um," Malia spat out, shutting down Kira, "yes, he does."