Demise

"Oh my god…” Jessica whispered. The man was unearthly;his rich tan skin, to his flowing brown hair. His eyes were a multitude of colors making his features look more exotic. His long sculpted nose  fit his face perfectly, and thin pink lips accentuated his beauty. His cheek bones were well define with his angular jaw.

“Why the hell would her mother not want her to be married to him?” Jessica asked.

I shook my head. We were missing something.

“He is looking for Elizabeth." Jessica whispered. “Elizabeth is with Charity isn’t she?”

“Elizabeth was taken by Charles.”

“What does Mr.Enchanter want with Elizabeth now? Its been centuries."

  “That my dear vampiress is a secret.” A deep voice echoed through the library.

A low growl escaped my lips as I place a protective hand over my extended stomach. This child was truly stealing my strength. I was growing weaker to not have sensed his presence.

“I mean no harm fallen queen.” The voice echoed from the shadows.

“It’s not every day I find beautiful vampiresses like yourselves in my library.” He made it hard to concentrate.

“Who are you?” Jessica growled standing in front of me protectively.

“Ah a turned vampire very rare specimen.” The voice mused.

“Fallen queen you are dying. Should you  be walking? That child is killing you from the inside out.” I snarled pushing Jessica aside.

"Kai-”

“Kaine Morningveil.” The voice interrupted.

There in all his glory emerged  the prince of the enchanters.

The man towered over us easily his hair flowing straight to his waist. His eyes held an intensive glare as he gazed upon us in curiosity. He wore a sky blue button down with distressed denim pants. Two diamonds glistened from his ear.

“ How selfish your desires are fallen queen.”

“I could say the same warlock." I whispered. I rubbed my belly, feeling the child move within me.

He snorted "May I show you the exit."

“We are more than capable of finding it ourselves.” I grasped Jessica's hand towing her behind me to the stairs.

“Such a mean one you are,"

As we neared the exit his voice was clear and firm as he spoke.

"It will not be you to kill Charles.” 

End of book one