thunked

"Why do I think about death all the time?"

This was a question I saw that was asked anonymously on that Whisper app. So, I thought about it, and gave that person an answer much shorter than what you're about to read (my apologies in advance; I haven't been writing lately). Here's an elaborate explanation of why I think people think about death often:

People aren't easy to please. I guess that's human nature. Scientist like to think just as much as any other person. Regardless of how much thinking all 7 billion people on earth may have accomplished, the one thing nobody has an answer for is: what happens after we die. Sure, several religions have different theories. With Christians like myself, it's heaven. Buddhist keep going through different life forms until they achieve enlightenment. Other religions believe in reincarnation, etc. And I guess that's why we like to entertain the question, because we can spend the extent of the "foreverness" of our lives contemplating about it. That's just my obnoxious way of saying: we like to think about things we can keep thinking about. And ideas of death are perfect to keep us up all night, because they are limitless. Such an awfully raw, beautiful thought actually.

However, I hope that if you're reading this, that you only think about limitless things like life instead. Think of all the m unpredictable moments to occur; I hope this excites you so much, that you go out and live. Furthermore, I hope that you have so much living to do, that you scarcely have time to stop and think about limitless (and trivial) matters such as death, because as beautiful as eternal rest may be, I think living is a lot more exquisite.