The Hidden World- A Clannad Fanfiction

I live in a world that has ended. Nothing is born here, and nothing dies. It is a cold, lonely world.

I live in a old building with one room. In this room, is a table and a chair.

I venture outside this room on occasion, collecting odds and ends I might need.

But the interesting thing about this world are the lights- thousands of lights float gently in the sky. I still don't know what they mean, or why they are here...

                                                                                 -8-8-8-

One day, I think about building a friend. But I think to myself- Who would want to be born into a world like this?

Still, I build on. 

                                                                             -8-8-8-

They are made of the junk parts that I collect. I give them hands and feet and eyes. Where I learned to build these things- I have no idea.

I am finished. They open their eyes. For some reason, I think they are a boy. The opposite of myself.

                                                                        -8-8-8

Slowly, they learn to walk. Then to run. I help him when he falls. They cant talk, but sometimes I under stand him.

But if he could, what would he say to me?

                                                                   -8-8-8-

I have been born into a world that has ended. The girl who created this metal body for me says that she thinks we are the only ones here. What kind of life did I live before this? Where did we come from?

Questions like these often come to my mind...

                                                                                  -8-8-8-

There is not much we can do here. We go out and collect sometimes, but mostly we stay inside the room. The girl does not tell me my name, for she does not know it herself. Did I have a name?

                                                                                -8-8-8-

One day, I try to ask the girl to build something.

I walk over to our pile of odds and ends, and make the motion of building something.

"Do you want me to build something?" She ask, in her soft voice.

'Yes!' I nod my head up and down.

"Well, what would you like?" Ask the girl.

I make motions of someone walking.

"You want a friend?" She says.

I nod up and down.

"Ok then, I'll see what I can do..." She says, standing up.

I was already excited.

                                                                                           -8-8-8-

My robot friend has asked me to build another friend. Honestly, I don't know if I can do it. I had gotten lucky bringing life to him.

I don't tell him that, because I don't want put him down...