Ask A GE Scientist!

Wattpad and GE are back at it again! This month, we're going to Rio, Brazil with GE scientist Isela Macia Bertran to learn how GE's using big data and computer science to make industries more efficient.

Wattpad star Rebeca Soares takes us on a trip to Brazil in the year 2060, where big data has life-changing impacts on one girls' biggest dream in Unpredictable.

But what other interesting ways could big data change our lives, or the way we think about technology? GE scientist Isela Macia Bertran wants to answer your questions about big data and predictive analytics!

In the comments below, post your most poignant questions for Isela about big data, predictive analytics and the impacts it has on society and our future.

Consider these Big Data points when coming up with your questioning. Here's some inspiration to get you started:

- In Unpredictable, GE uses data to understand athletics and racing performance. In your life, what do you wish data could help you predict? Isela will help you understand if it's possible.

- GE technology bridges hardware on an industrial scale – think everything from jet engines to the power grid – with software capabilities. Are you wondering what GE data scientists work on everyday to make our world better? Isela can give you some examples.

Isela will be answering her three favorite questions in a video in January! Her answers will also be broadcast on Wattpad's Facebook page with a shout out to the users who participated!

Submit your questions by December 30th  at 11:59pm EST.