Jingle bells, jingle bells jingle all the way. Ghosts and ghouls, hauntings too. Look at your hair - Ehk!

I chucked a pillow in the direction of the out of tune singing jar shutting him up for about, lets see, 2 minutes. As the Skull started to make comments on my sleepy appearance I turned over to look at the clock on my bedside table. 6am.

"Skull, why the hell have you woken me up so early?" I groaned whilst looking at the jar. It's eyes - well empty sockets - widened in mock offence before he took his sweet time explaining.

Well then, if you don't want me to wake you up on Christmas morning, next time I won't bother

I'm sure he said something else but by then I was already half way down the stairs to Lockwood's room, sprinting down the hallways, spinning from the banister and jumping down the last few steps before coming to a stop outside his door. I took this moment to compose myself and regain my breath before carefully knocking on Lockwood's door. I waited... and waited...and then grew impatient. Reaching out a hand I slowly pushed it open letting a small amount of light seep into the room and light up a sleeping Lockwood from the depths of his covers.

He looked so peaceful, calm and collected. Actually he always looked like that, even when he was awake. His brown hair was all ruffled and his breath was coming out in long, steady streams. Slowly I began to creep over to his bed trying not to make a sound as he is a VERY light sleeper. Once at the bedside I lent in close to his ear and whispered quietly...

"Lockwood. Hey Lockwood, wake up. Wake up sleepy head it's Christmas!" A small smile spread on to his supposed "sleeping" face before he grabbed me round the waist and pulled me on to the bed.

"No is it Lucy, I would never have guessed. No especially by the fact your acctually up early. Not at all!" He said with so much sarcasm in his voice it could have come from the Skull.

"Oy! I wouldn't be up except for the fact that the skull was singing a messed up version of jingle bells whilst commenting on my appearance." I paused "did I say commenting? I ment insulting." Lockwood chuckled before pulling me out of bed and walking down the rest of the stairs. Suddenly we both stopped, looked at each other, then back up the stairs.

"We're going to have to wake George up, arnt we?" I questioned sceptically whilst looking back at Lockwood. He just nodded in response before we both retraced the steps to George's room. Lockwood and I stood side by side. To me it looked rather like we normally do when about to face a ghost, faces dead pan. Lockwood's face a pure picture of determination, mine on the other hand was more of fear and uncertainty. If anything I looked more uncertain about going into George's room than I am facing ghosts.

We both just stood there for a moment before Lockwood stepped back from the door

"Ladies first" I raised my eyebrows. Please? Two can play that game sunshine.

"No please, after you. As it's Christmas"

"Please Luce, beauty before age"

"Acctually its age before beauty, so you go first on both matters" I blush at what I just said but Lockwood doesn't seem to notice as he groaned,

"Why Lucy, why?"

I snort, I know it's not very lady like but you know what? I just couldn't keep it in.

"Lockwood last time I did that I walked in on a butt naked George who had just come out of the shower! It's not something you can forget very easily!"

"Ok, ok. I'll get the door." But as be reached out the door swung inwards and there stood George in his PJ's smirking.

"You too argue like married couple" he continued to make comments like that but by then I was pulling them both down the stairs towards the presents! And food, as George reminded me.