Frozen in Time

🕗

Okay, this one might need an explanation . . . PenMelody and I are writing a Miraculous Musical! (Well, trying would be the key word)
aaaaaaand this is my take on the duet between Kim and Alix - so yeah, if the dialogue is cheesy at times, that's because it's based off lyrics lol. I just needed to write the shippy feels. I love Heartrate more than the love square at this point.

Also, for this thing to work: Akuma victims remember. They're just a little out of it when they first turn back.
And Dark Cupid happened in February. Timebreaker took place in April. That's canon-ish? Ehh, it's listed on Mari's calendar in her room, so I guess...

Most of this was written in the dead hours of night over like a week. It was 4am at several points. Forgive me for any obvious plot holes or errors, I am tired. Anyways, enjoy~!

🕗

Alix groaned, lifting her head.

'Huh?' she looked around, only to find most of her classmates and several other Parisians were doing the same. 'W-what?'

Ladybug turned to face her, giving a small smile as she knelt down to the girl.

'Here;' she said, holding out Alix's pocket watch, now fully intact. 'I think this is yours?'

'Sweet!' Alix exclaimed, grabbing it. 'How'd'you fix it?'

'Nothing a little magic can't do.' the hero replied with a wink.

'Well, thank you!' she grinned, clutching it close to her chest. 'I should never have given it to someone else to look after. I was my responsibility.'

Ladybug smiled, helping Alix to her feet. 'Responsibility isn't something to be taken lightly. Believe me, I should know.' she looked slightly guilty, giving a tiny shrug.

Alix nodded. 'You're right, Ladybug. I'll be more careful from now on. Thanks.'

'Alright then, Bug out!' Ladybug gave a two-fingered salute, a trait strangely similar to her partner. She gave one last smile to Alix, before running back over to her partner. Alix rolled her eyes as she watched Chat Noir lean in, saying something. They were just out of earshot, so she shrugged, casually rolling away.

Something was nagging in the back of her mind.

She turned again, her classmates still scattered about in various states of confusion.

Oh no.

Alix dragged herself to a halt in front of Ivan. The boy caught sight of her skates, and didn't look up. 'Hey... Alix.' he muttered, picking himself up and walking off.

She bit her lip, turning away. A small way off, Juleka was being helped up by Rose, the smaller of the pair glancing worriedly her way.

If Rose was nervous, that meant...

The ridge of her pocket watch dug into her hand, no indication it had ever been broken.

Chloé was complaining to Sabrina about her ruined hair, although the scathing glares she sent over to Alix told an entirely different story.

'Al...?' Kim groaned.

'K-kim?' The words tasted foul, like she wasn't meant to say them. 'Did... did I....?'

He stood up, rubbing a graze on his elbow and walking over. 'I think so?' he sounded unsure, shifting his weight to one side. 'I dunno, you kind of aimed for me first.'