Ch 5

Chapter 5 I promise soon it won't just be Briar's POV :3

Read

Vote

Comment

Briars POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Adrian" I said coldly as I turned to find myself face to face with him, only a foot away. He was a few inches taller than me, a little pale, and he had clearly defined muscles like any spy at the AES, or anyone who did karate, would have. He wore black sweats and a blue tee, how evil. I looked up to find myself in a sea of green, only coming back to reality when he said

"Well i'm impressed. No one's ever made it this far before. Or came for the girl first instead of looking to fight me. Smart girl." He almost praised me.

I glared at him. "And i'll make it even farther. Give me Kaylee and we will leave, no harm done to your pretty boy face." I said it as tough as I could but in reality, I was slightly intimidated by him, even though he's my age.

In his eyes of green they had a cold look to them at first glance, and his face had a tough look to it, one that I would give to anyone I interrogated. He smiled "So I have a pretty face?" He inquired as I blushed a little. Snap out of it Briar, I told myself.

"Now," he began "She wants to stay, and I'd rather not have to kill such a beautiful and talented young girl like yourself. I have seen you train, fight, interrogate. You are Path's best agent like I was. You'd be even better on my side." I glared at him ignoring his compliments.

"As your servant? Ha no thanks, I'd rather die than work for a traitor like you" I spat. He gave me a smile that sent chills up my back as he spoke slowly and softly.

"I never said you would work for me dear Briar, I would train you to be better, to work as my equal. You have the skill and power like me Briar, please join me and become greater than your stupid agency can ever make you."

I pondered at his proposition for a moment. I knew my answer.

"Over my dead body."

His smile charming disappeared and a cold, stoic expression replaced it. "Very well" He replied nonchalantly as he pulled out a small dagger. I started to reach for my pistol but stopped when he said.

"You and I both know you would'nt shoot me Briar, so why bother with an empty threat?" I glared at him wondering how he knew about that, I had never shot anyone but my coworkers always assumed it was because I had not needed to. I had never told anyone why I truly never shot anyone.

"Kaylee come here" Adrian called to the shadows and Kaylee reappeared to his side. "Yes?"

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her in front of him with one hand tight on her wrist and the other held the dagger to her neck. I stared at the scene in front of me. "Now, join me, or she dies" he smirked at my expression.

I was stuck and he knew it. Fuck. Kaylee's expression held true fear, she wasn't faking this hostage situation and I knew Adrian was cruel enough to do it. "I um....." I didn't know what to say.

"5, 4, 3" My eyes widened as he counted down.

"2...1..." I panicked "OKAY...okay." I looked down "I'll join you." He smiled deviously

"And you will do what I say no matter what?" I whispered a yes.

"Good, but why in such a hurry to decide I mean, I was only counting backwards".

My head snapped up and I looked at him in utter disbelief. "You bastard." I spat. He used my own tactic against me and I had let him do it.

"Tsk tsk Ms. Blue that language is not permitted, especially around children." He waved his hand over Kaylee, who had red eyes and was still visibly shaken. "Kaylee go to your room while I attend to business" He ordered. She nodded, bowed, and left, all while avoiding my gaze on her.

"Come along Briar, I'll show you to your new room." Adrian said to me.

I followed silently and felt completely defeated. He lead me to a secluded room, inside which was a all white room with a white queen sized bed, white deck and chair, a door that I assumed lead to a bathroom, and a white dresser he informed me had any clothes I would need for sleeping, training, and such. This dude must really like white.

"I will come back tomorrow to start training" He informed me. I nodded, staring off into space. He left and a not even a second later I was laying on the bed crying until I fell asleep.