XXII - Carl Grimes

• • •

• • •

Negan smashes in your scalp again and the whole group is still in shock. Their sweetheart is dying—getting killed in the most brutal way—before their eyes.

“Stop it!” Maggie cries.

“Not her!” Daryl screams as people hold him back.

When your lifeless corpse hits the ground with a loud thud, the night is left quite again. A silence that burns through your skin like a hot blade knife and remembers you what you’ve made and provoked.

Carl shakes his head and opens and closes his eyes rapidly, as if with that, you would appear right before his eyes with a smile on your face telling him that everything is going to be okay or to wake up from a bad nightmare and you lying beside him.

“Look, young man!” Negan turns towards Carl and when he doesn’t flinch, Negan tilts his bat and blood stains his face. He stays put and frozen and dumbfounded. But still manages to defy Negan with his burning glance. “Look what I just did to your lovely girlfriend! Bet you weren’t expecting that. So did. I wanted to make something fun with her and probably,” he shrugs, “make you watch. She was so pretty I wonder why she ended up with one-eyed-boy.” he clicks his tongue. “Anyway, you have something to remember!” Negan runs her gloved finger through Carl’s cheek and smears your blood on his cheek, leaving a nasty bloody stain on it.