Chapter 24: The Hunt

Lea's Perspective:

As soon as I had gotten back from my trip, I walked into camp nearby the huts. The fire in the camp was still lit, though I could only see one person sitting outside. Peter gazed into the fire non-stop, probably just thinking. I had turned and quietly opened the door to my hut when he called out.

"Lea!" He spoke somewhat quietly. I turned back around to face his direction in surprise. It was now that we were face to face.

"Meet me outside the entrance of camp tomorrow morning, we'll begin your training" he said calmly.

In response, I nodded as I thought about it more and more. I wasn't sure if he was actually being serious at the time.

He turned back to the fire and I turned back to my hut. I stepped inside and dropped all of my stuff on the floor. Untying my cloak I let it drop below me. I exhaled deeply when I sat on my bed ready to turn in for the night. It was at that moment that I remembered I should lock my door so that I didn't have a repeat of what happened this morning. Grouchily, I stood back up, walked over to the door and locked it. At this point I remembered I hadn't closed the curtains to my windows yet. Not being too concerned about possibly of being a creep and peeking at a certain someone since he should already be asleep, I closed the curtain on the first window. I moved over to the second one and started drawing it closed, but indeed when I checked, Jake's curtain was still left open. In the corner of his room was a candle that was a source of light to my eyes. Cursing at myself, I glanced over the room to see Jake sleeping in his bed. The flickering candle light allowed me to see his golden hair and delicate face. A slight smile could be seen in between his slightly pink cheeks.

My goodness, I really need to stop doing that, it's just plain creepy.

I shook my head and quickly closed the curtain. I climbed back into bed, blowing out the candle and threfore immediately darkening the room.

The Next Morning...

My eyes slowly opened when I noticed I accidentally left my curtain open just a crack. A beam of sunlight shone through blinding me. I held the palm of my hand in front of my eyes to reduce the burning sensation. That's when I remembered, I had training with Peter.

Removing my covers, I stood up letting my bare feet touch the cold floor which sent shivers up my legs. I turned to my vanity mirror to see my same old face, hair, and eyes. Nothing appeared to really change. My bland, boring face remained the same, never succumbing to age. The only noticeable difference though was the length of my hair, which was peculiar to me. It appeared about two inches longer, but my hair seems to have become naturally wavy, almost mermaid like. I didn't mind my hair's appearance, however I wouldn't mind a slight trim just to keep it somewhat maintained. I thought about using a knife, but I am probably the least qualified person here to try doing something of the sort. I remembered that I hadn't gone through all of the drawers in my vanity, so I started rummaging through the remaining ones. They were filled with small trinkets like useless bouncy balls, a switchblade, some old shoelaces, a music box, and a few books. It wasn't until I reached towards the back end of the drawer that I heard a sort of clanking sound. My curiosity peaked in as I decided to reach further and grasp the metal object.

"Interesting..." I thought to myself.

An old pair of scissors rested in my hand. How convenient. It had obviously been used since I noticed the small dead ends of black hair still caught in the blade. Brushing a few tangles in my hair, I brought the scissors up to my hair and ever so slightly started snipping. I started out small and worked my way farther up my hair until two inches worth of brown hair laid on the floor at my feet.

Much better.

Cleaning the mess of hair on the floor, I changed into fresh clothes.

Jake's Perspective: