1> Heartless as these Streets

Raquel Henderson

I'm as heartless as these streets. Meaner than a bitch and slicker than a damn snake. I do me, and no body else. I look out for myself because I swear you can't trust no damn body. That irritated me the most, you can't rely on no one, even your blood.

I guess that didn't count for daddy though, but just like me he was his own person. Had his own hustle. He didn't tell me much, and I damn sure didn't tell him everything.

Caine looked at me for a seond with no expression at all. He was trying to read me, to see what I was up to but I was too good at onsealing my true motives. He should know this.

"You know what? Go ahead and go, but if I hear some crazy shit about you, you know what's coming,"

I rolled my eyes. I was gonna go regardless of what he said.

"I'm only letting your fast ass go because it's Trigga's place. But Red's going right?" he raised an eyebrow at me.

"He's outside waitin' on me." I was way past tired of playing fifty questions with him.

"Good. And don't be lettin no niggas touch on you. Don't make me have to come up there."

"Okay. Can I go now?"

Everyone either knows or knows of Caine. He's deadly and he's my father.

 I wasn't naive, I've known my dad was a drug dealer even before I knew what it really meant. It wasn't exactly a secret around these streets.

For me, most people just knew me as his fine ass daughter. That's litterally what they called me.

My maines usually just called me Ray or Rock. I answered to either one but the only person that's used my government was my mom.

I pulled my black and white designer dress down, but that shit was too tight and it was not budging. I gave up because this was the longest it was going to get.

Caines club scene days was waaayy over. Those days ended when my mom was shot too many times to count at a club setting. It took eighteen years for his strict ass to let me go out. Eighteen cotton picking years.

But I had been out plenty of times without his permission, and he knew this. Caine knew everything, and had eyes everywhere. 

"Yeah, and you better be at Trinee's place tonight."

"I will, love you." I kissed my dads cheek and left. The plan was that everyone was to come to Trinee's place after the club. At least me, T, Gaby, and Felicia and their men. Trinee has had her own apartment for a month now, and we've used it to our full advantage.

T's man Gutta bought it for her after her eighteenth, and I was probably loving it more than her. I rotated my mothers diamond ring on my finger, and walked up to Red's cherry BMW truck. The tent was so black, I could see my reflextion. I made a kissy face at myself and got in the front seat. 

"Hey sexy." I gave him a quick kiss.

"Wassup?" Red smiled his sexy smirk, and turned his radio down some. Nas was playing lowly now and instead of driving, this fool kept looking at me. "I swear you got more ass than you know what to do with."

"Trust me, I know what to do with it." I laughed, and turned Nas back up.

Red wasn't my man. I didn't have a man, but he was someone that took up my time, and he spent it very well. He was hella cool, had some bomb ass conversation, and bought me shit out the ass. But I wasn't into relationships and all that. I did me, and nobody else. He was for it.