Chapter 4

The group of 5 spent the rest of their 8th period reading random quotes from Mrs. Pansino's play script.

"Some of these quotes are quite dramatic?" PJ chimed in, breaking the comfortable silence that had fallen amongst the group.

"Some of them are dramatic.." Louise agreed.

"What do you reckon this play could be about?" Chris randomly asked, popping his head between Dan and PJ.

"Maybe some over dramatic love story?" Phil suggested.

"Maybe" Dan nodded his head considering the idea.

"OH! What about a play that has dragons and monsters-"

"Chris I'm stopping you right there" PJ snorted a laugh. "The play won't be about dragons and monsters." Chris rolled his eyes while crossing his arms.

"And what do you think it'll be about?"

"An epic love story that's for sure. These quotes are definitely pointing toward a love story. Micheal's quote says 'I can't do this anymore, I'm not going to continue hurting you!' And then a James quote says 'you think leaving me is going to protect me? Make me happier? You were happiness! You were my everything!' So I'm calling a gay love story because Mrs. Pansino is just that cool." The group sat astounded at PJ's idea, Dan seemed to be considering it and so did Phil.

"Gay love story?" Chris asked.

"Yup you heard me! Gay love story!" PJ smiled confidently. He wasn't about to give away the fact he already knew what the play was about. No way.

"You're crazy, the school board would never-... or would they?" Louise thought over. "Our district is all about equality so I suppose they would let Mrs. Pansino do a gay play." PJ nodded enthusiastically.

---

They had exactly one hour till the bell rang, signaling they could go home. Somewhere along the time the group had gotten onto the subject of soulmates.

"I met my soulmate the other day!" Louise giggled, blushing.

"What?! And you didn't tell us?" Phil glared playfully whilst Chris' jaw dropped.

"I demand answers! Who is it?!" PJ shook Louise's shoulders, "I have to know!"

"Okay okay! His name is Matt Watson" Louise giggled even more.

"You mean, the schools pretty boy? That's your soulmate? Matt Watson. THE Matt Watson?!" Chris jumped over the theatre seat and sat in the seat in front of Louise and PJ, who had been sitting on the floor.

"Yes! I couldn't believe it! It was amazing..." she sighed with content and smiled widely. Dan pondered around in his thoughts, did he meet his soulmate? Were these bright blue colours not apart of his imagination?

"Lou?" Dan found himself asking.

"Yeah, Dan?" She looked over to him and smiled.

"What was it like? How did it go?" Dan was getting a feeling the bright blues invading his vision at all times of the day were not just his imagination.

"It was strange at first. I ran into him during lunch earlier and we talked for a couple of seconds before I noticed the greens of the room had gotten brighter, I feel bad for all the soulmates with blue eyes because there is so much blue in this school, the lockers, the trays, the posters on the wall, the railings-"

"Louise, back on track." PJ nudged her lightly.

"Oh right! Yeah, the greens and yellows of them room had basically been glowing! And I looked at Matt, and he looked at me and we kissed! And the sensation was so, so, I can't even explain it! It was like... like-"

"Fireworks. It's like fireworks" Chris found himself saying before he clamped his hand over his mouth.

"Yeah it's like fireworks! And the outside of our body's started glowing like aura of some sort, mine was glowing green and his was glowing- wait..." Louise looked over to Chris and everyone but PJ looked over too. "How do you know what it feels like?" Chris nervously laughed.

"Wh-what are talking about? I-I don't know, I-I've been told what it feels like" Chris was a flustered stuttering mess now, he looked over to PJ with pleading eyes but he was looking anywhere but the group. Phil looked over at PJ and gasped.

"PJ AND CHRIS HAVE SOULMATES!" Phil exclaimed and they both were flustered before PJ finally sighed and looked at Chris.

"Chris?" PJ spoke quietly before standing up and slamming his lips against PJs. Chris let out a muffled 'mmph!' before settling into the kiss and kissing his soulmate back. Their body's immediately glew. They lit up with colour, but not just any colour, the colour of each other's eyes. Chris' aura glowing green and PJ's glowing a green brown colour.

Another thing about soulmates, whenever you kiss them your aura glows.

"Oh my god." Phil was processing everything that had just been seen before him. "OH MY GOD YES!" Everyone in the theatre started clapping. PJ pulled back flushed and Chris was smiling mess.

"It's about time" Dan chimed in. He guessed they were soulmates, no one tries to stay next to each other that much.

"You knew?!" The 4 shot their eyes toward the brown haired boy.

"I wasn't 100% sure but I sort of guessed. No one shares that many loving stares in one day." Dan chuckled as the two blushed and PJ sat back down.

"But why the sudden interest in soulmates, Dan?" Louise suddenly asked.

"U-uh- da ummm" Dan's face lit up red. 'Should I tell them? Yeah. Maybe they can help' "I think I've met my soulmate but I have no idea who they are and I've ran into way tooooo many blue eyed people today!" He suddenly blurted.

"Oh... well..." Phil started, "we'll help you find them Dan! Don't worry! This is what friends are for!" He smiled a big toothy smile, his tongue poking it's way out slightly. Dan just wanted to grab him right there and slam his lips onto his. He quickly pushed away the thought and smiled too, seeing as Phil's smile was contagious.

But there was no way in absolute hell, Phil was saying he found his soulmate too. He was going to help Dan find his soulmate first, and then maybe the sudden urge to kiss him every minute would go away because Phil was sure he wasn't Dan's soulmate.

Then the bell rang.