You're Mine

This story is for mature readers. This book was previously published under the same name under the profile "Nicole Rayne". I am the same author, rewriting and then continuing this story on my newer profile. Enjoy!

"Finally."

The sound jerked me awake and I became aware of a dark shadow of a man looming over me. My heart froze in my chest as the shadow grew closer to me. I didn't make a sound, as if my voice had been robbed from me.

The shadow stepped closer to me, into the path of the moonlight streaming through my window. His face was beautiful, otherworldly. His hands latched onto my waist and he pulled me towards him, slowly. His dark eyes looked me over and when he glanced at my lips, he gave me a breathtaking smile.

Then his lips pressed roughly against mine, claiming dominance over my mouth. With his touch, an instant and almost painful shock traveled through my body. I was still unable to move or even speak. I felt that this was a dream, but his kiss was far too real.

His lips forced mine open and his tongue brushed my bottom lip. The shock hit me again, this time driving me into action. An overwhelming part of my wanted to pull this intruder towards me and let him take over my body completely, but another part recognized exactly what he was: a predator. I forced myself to push against his solid chest. He didn't budge. In fact, he only grew more persistent as he pushed me back on the mattress.

His hands clenched, as if he was trying to gain control over his body. His face lifted from mine and I could just barely make out the contours of his face. He turned his head to the side, examining me back, and the dim light from my alarm clock revealed his black eyes, bottomless and empty of anything but desire.

Those eyes moved slowly down my face to my lips, then lower, to my neck. I felt my body throb with need. I wanted to overtake him as he had done to me. I wanted to make him tremble like he was making me tremble.

The only sound in the room was my ragged breathing and the revolving of the ceiling fan.

Slowly, he bent towards me and rested his lips against my ear. I reached for him, my nails digging into his hard arms—whether it was in passion or in protest, I didn't know.

"You're mine, Ashlynn," he whispered, the sound vibrating through me to my very core and making me shiver in his grip.

Then, he was gone. And, as if I had no choice in the matter, I drifted back to sleep in my cold, empty bed.

Please let me know if I should continue with this one by voting and commenting! :)