Chapter 1: Perfectly Imperfect

Kynzie White spread opened the light-silk curtains to let in some of the summer sun's light.

"Today I go to to Ever After High!" she said.

Her bedroom was filled with servants and dwarves in matching white uniforms, and friendly woodland creatures. As the daughter of Snow White, Kynzie had lots of people, especially boys, helping her pack for EAH. Maybe too many people helping her.

A dove hovered before Kynzie, a blue heel in its beak. It cocked its head to one side as if asking a question.

"Yes, lets pack those. And those. And those," said Kynzie. "You know, lets pack all of them."

Kynzie's MirrorPhone played a measure of Tailor Quick's song "We Are Never Ever After Getting Back Together" to announce that there was going to be 30 more minutes until she went to her new high school.

Sounds of cheering floated in through her window. Kynzie stepped onto her balcony as the cheers grew louder every step she took. Outside the castle's gate down below, thousands of men, women, and children from the villages had gathered, wearing white and blue shirts celebrating their beloved princess.

"My dear people, you guys are simply the best and perfect citizens a kingdom could ask for!" Kynzie called out while tossing out coins and bead necklaces. She kept a coin-and-bead necklace basket on her balcony so she would be ready for crowds like this.

"No, you are the best and perfect princess a kingdom could ask for!" someone shouted and the cows agreed, making them cheer even louder.

Above her head, some birds carried a long white ribbon in their beaks. A message was stitched across: We LOVE You, Kynzie! Embrace your destiny!

Destiny. Kynzie was starting her Legacy Year, the first step to achieve her Happily Ever After. Kynzie shivered at the thought. She was happy about her story, she really was. After all, her story was the most well known in the world of Ever After. And most boys had a crush on her and most girls envy her.

What she hated about her story was everyone expecting that she shall be perfect. People assumed that since the new Snow White, Apple White, expected that everything and everyone was going to be perfect, her daughter was going to think so too.

Kynzie walked toward the courtyard, where her parents stood proud. Apple's blond hair curled under her gold crown. Her skin was still pale as her mother, and lips still as red as blood. Apple was still as beautiful as she was during her year at Ever After High.

Kynzie's father, Humphrey Dumpty-now Humphrey White- stood beside his white. A golden crown stood on his pale blond hair and his hand on his sword. She was always a bit surprised since her mother always told her how afraid Humphrey used to be about heights and battles. Now the new king was already to ride a dragon above the clouds or fight in a war.

"This is such an important year," said Apple as she helped Kynzie into the Hybrid Carriage. The carriage was still used since her mother went to Ever After High. "I am so proud of you. I know you will be the most unquestionably perfect Snow White!"

The maids, guards, and dwarves in the huge Hybrid Carriage all nodded in agreement. Kynzie smiled and laughed nervously. She hated it when her mother says she would be perfect. It just puts in so much pressure.

"Hey, I know you will do well." Humphrey comforted her as he put his hand on her shoulder. "Kynzie, all we want is to be your very best. Whether if you are perfect or whether if you are perfectly imperfect, we will still be proud of you."

As she got in the carriage, Kynzie smiled as the carriage drove away. That's what she liked about her father. He made mistakes a lot when he was a teenager, yet he was still a perfect king. She wanted to be just like him.

Hey EAH! How did you like this longer than expected chapter? I was trying to write like Shannon Hale so...that's Kynzie White up there. Hope you enjoyed this chapter!