Chapter 2

When the feeling finally stopped, he was in a cozy sitting room, clutching to Merlin's robes. Lounging on the couches in the room were four people, two men and two women. They all looked over at them, before focusing on Harry, who is feeling decidedly green.

One of the people, a woman with brown hair cut into a bob that suited her, and a yellow sundress that gave her an almost homey feel, rushed up to him. "Oh, dear! Are you alright? You look dreadful." She reached for his face, and cradled his cheeks in her palms.

"Now, Helga," a man says, standing up out of another man's arms and walking over to them, "let the poor child get accustomed to his surroundings before you go mother-bear on him." The man wore something Harry would imagine a warrior wearing, in black leather pants that creaked when he walked, and a black sleeveless shirt that showed off the rippling muscles in his biceps. He wore what looked to be a cape that was deep red, and clasped in the front with a snake pin with red eyes that seemed to glow.

"Please, Godric, Helga could never resist mothering anyone, be it this child or Merlin," another woman said, walking up behind the woman in the yellow dress, and wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her away from Harry slightly. She had long, black hair that swayed like waves on the ocean. She was stunningly beautiful in her flowing, sky-blue dress.

The last man who hadn't yet spoke stood silently and walked to Harry. His mid-back blond hair was tied at the nape of his neck, but fell around his face in a becoming way. He wore black formal pants, and a button-up shirt that suited his acute presence. On his back was a cape, like the other man's, only his was green like spring grass. The mere intensity of his icy gaze was enough to make Harry step away. He rested a hand on Harry's shoulder for balance as he crouched down in front of him. His intense scrutiny searched Harry's eyes, for what, he didn't know.

"What is your name?" he asked quietly. His inexplicably cold demeanor was offset by his warm voice.

"Harry," he replied quietly. He didn't think he could find it in himself to be any louder.

He stuck his hand out slowly, as if Harry might jump out of his skin if he moved any faster. In all fairness, it could very well be a possibility. "My name is Salazar Slytherin," he says coolly, then points to the other man. "He is my husband, Godric Gryffindor." He holds his hand out to the woman in yellow, "Helga Hufflepuff," he gestures to the woman behind Helga, "and her wife, Rowena Ravenclaw." He stood up gracefully. "We are the Four Founders of Hogwarts."

Harry looks between the five adults in confusion. What was going on? "It's nice to meet you," he says hesitantly. Helga smiled fondly at him.

"How old are you, Harry?" she asked kindly. Harry smiled.

"I'm six years old, ma'am."

"Ma'am?" she asks, looking at him mock-offended. "We will be having none of that! You are to call us by our first names, young man. We are going to be living together, for five years. There will be none of that."

Harry nodded, smiling deviously at her. "Yes, ma'am," he says. She sighs in exasperation, but didn't look at all bothered by his cheek.

"Come now, child," she said, grabbing him by the elbow lightly and taking him to the couch, "come sit." Harry nodded and sat when they reached the couch, letting out a soft "oomhp!" when he thought the couch would swallow him.

He heard Godric laugh. "I had the same reaction after Helga bought these, too." He felt someone sit next to him, and struggled to see around the cushion surrounding his head to see who it was.

Next to him, sitting with an effortless grace, was Salazar Slytherin. He smirked at Harry, seeing his struggle. "Having a problem?"

The cold exterior, yet warm and kind mannerisms, were completely throwing Harry. It seemed to him as if he was switching between two personalities. Harry wanted to know how to do it. He shook his head.

"Helga, Rowena," Merlin said, beckoning them across the room with a crook of his finger. They walked to him without question. Harry watched them speak quietly for a moment, before Godric got his attention.

"So, Harry, do you know why you're here?" he asked. Harry shook his head as much as he could with the couch still holding his head in place.

"Merlin said that I was special or something, and I needed to go with him," Harry said. He looked between the two men in front of him. Salazar looked as cool-faced as he had, while Godric looked like the cat that got the cream and caught the canary.

"Why, you're a wizard, Harry."