Chapter 9-triggerfinger/ 18 Miles Out

We sat in the dinning room discussing Randal.

"We couldn't just leave him there he would've died from blood loss, if he made it that long." Says Rick

"It's gotten bad in town." Glenn says indicating there are a lot of walkers starting to come this way.

"What do we do with him?" Andrea asks and Rick was about to answer when dad walks in "I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have nerve damage, he won't be on his feet for at least a week." Dad finishes.

"When he is we give him a canteen, take him out to the main road, send him on his way." Rick informs us. "Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea asks but I kind of dose out of her question seeing Daryl walk through the door and him and Carol look at each other.

What's going on there? I wonder if they like each other? Then I stopped myself, why do I even care? I don't. He then looks at me and I look away getting back into the conversation.

"Just going to let him go? He knows where we are." Shane says sounding irritated "he was blindfolded the whole way here he's not a threat." Rick says raising his voice at him.

"Not a threat? How many of them were there? You kill three of there men you took one for hostage and they an't gonna come lookin' for him?" Shane tries to reason and I kind of see his point.

"They left him for dead no one is looking!" Rick argues back "we should still post a guard." T-dog states and I nod my head agreeing.

"He's out cold right now, will be for hours." Dad chimes in "ya know I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy" Shane says walking out and snorting "look at this folks we back in fantasy land!" Shane yells trying to storm out.

"You know we haven't even dealt with what you did at my barn yet!" Dad yells Shane turning around "let me make this perfectly clear once and for all this is my farm, now I wanted you gone but Rick talked me out of it but that doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor, keep your mouth shut."

Shane shakes his head and turns around and walks out rubbing his hands over his head.

"Look we're not going to do anything about it today, let's just cool off." Rick try's to calm everyone down and Andrea walks out probably to go follow Shane.

Everybody talks amongst themselves and they all start leaving. I see Carol walk up to Daryl but he leaves before she can say anything, she then follows him outside and I can't help myself from walking to the window to see if they're talking.

I look out the window and see nothing. Shit. I don't even know why I care, I shouldn't, I don't.

I walk away from the window and hear Glenn and Maggie arguing about god knows what and I didn't want to listen in so I just went outside to find something to help with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is the day, the day they take that kid out and leave him. I honestly don't know how I feel about it. There is a part of me that thinks this is the right thing to do, and another part that thinks it might come back to bite us in the ass.

I stand in the kitchen with Maggie and Lori preparing some food for Beth, thinking about the boy and how scared he must be.

Maggie's voice brought me out of my thoughts when she started to speak.

"Did Rick say anything to you about Glenn when they got back from town?" Maggie asks the sheriffs wife "just that it had gotten pretty bad." she answers not even looking up from the meat she was cutting. "He's not the same, says he froze, blames me says I got inside his head." she says "He came back thats what matters. Men have to do certain things, you know that, and they're going to blame the little women as the reason they do em or the reason they don't. I'll tell you something, what happens out there happens out there and we, we just try to keep it together until they get back." she says.

I kept to myself but kind of chuckled under my breath not really agreeing with her.

"Things were good maybe I..." Maggie starts to say until Lori cuts her off. "Glenn's a big boy, he makes his own choices. I mean do you have anything to apologize for?" she asks and I look at Maggie and she shakes her head no.

"Tell him to man up and pull himself together, just don't say man up it never goes well." she chuckles and Maggie joins in. "So Maggie's into Glenn who's Riley into?" Lori asks me munching on a cucumber slice.

I laugh before I speak "i do better on my own." I say with a soft smile, and grabbing some silverware for Beth and putting it on the tray. I picked it up and started to walk to Beth's room when Lori stopped me.

"You guys go i've got this." she says taking the tray fro my hands.

I run up to my room before I go outside, I walk to my dresser and grab a pony tail to pull my hair up since today has been a very hot day. I turn around and look in my full length mirror, I never loved looking into the mirror because I would see my biological mother a lot.

My facial features looked like hers but my hair was one of the main reasons I saw her, she always had long brown hair and I remember watching her do it every morning until the accident.

I looked away from the mirror and pulled my hair up into a ponytail and hurried outside. I looked around for something to do or help with. I saw Dale standing on top of the RV and decided id go there first.

"Hey Dale." I said climbing up the ladder "Hello Riley." he greeted me with a smile "Anything I could help with?" I asked the old man I had already grown fond of. "I actually don't know, I think were running low on food and supplies, we usually are." he says "Okay i'll see what I can do about that." I said giving him a smile and climbing down the RV ladder.

I start to walk towards the woods with a basket in my hand knowing an apple tree around here. I get to the tree and start picking, it's not much, but it's something I can do.

"Hey." I hear a voice and I swear my heart jumped out of my chest and I screamed not expecting anyone. I then turned around although I already knew who it was by his voice.

"Hello Daryl." I greeted sarcastically, and then turned back around continuing what I was doing.

"We need to talk."

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

AU//////

Hey guys! I guess this is kind of a cliff hanger! Anyways if you guys would like to vote and or comment that would be amazing! Remember I love talking to you guys and I love your guys' feedback. Well thanks for reading Love you all!