24//

tyler couldn't be bothered trying with the song anymore and just gave up. when he got home, he grabbed his already written sing and looked at it.

"maybe it is good enough" tyler unscrunched the piece of paper and looked at the faded lyrics. he decided to write them out on a fresh piece of paper, it was the best he could do.

he added different bits and pieces in, making sure the timing was good, the instruments would fit and the song in general was okay. the best thing to do now was to invite josh and mikey over to practice.

new contact request from mikeywayxc

mikeywayxc: hey, is this tyler?

tylerrjoseph: yeah it is, heyhey

mikeywayxc: is it okay if i can set your name to just tyler?

tylerrjoseph: yeah i'll set yours to just mikey

mikey: sounds good, so what's up?

tyler: nothing, my life's pretty boring,, what about you?

mikey: about the same haha

tyler: so do you want to come over soonish? We can work on the song, I think I've gotten it sorted out :)

mikey: yeah that sounds amazing, I'll be over in ten if that's okay?

tyler: yeah, my address is {address}

mikey: thankyou
tyler waited out the front after texting josh to come over as well. mikey got here in ten minutes just like he said, josh in five. he showed them to my room, even though josh had been here before. they walked in and closed the door behind them for some sort of privacy. it made tyler anxious, having his 'boyfriend' in a house with homophobic people. hr picked up the lyric sheet off the ground and showed the two who were sitting on tylers  messy bed.

"this is amazing" chirped mikey.tyler felt his anxiety lower and his arms loosen from tensing.

"i agree" josh chimed in with a smile. "Its amazing just like you"

tyler reluctantly blushed at the statement, quickly looking down to make sure mikey didn't notice.

"let's get to work" tyler said.

he showed them the vocals, both staring in awe as the words escaped the brunettes mouth. his singing was pure and amazing, and josh and mikey loved it.

"I'll be able to figure out a bass part to that" mikey smiled at tyler and josh.

"Drums will be genuinely easy, what about a piano"

"Leave that to me" tyler stood up and grabbed his $50 keyboard, playing some chords. he then started playing the score that went with the song, capturing more stares from the pair seated on the bed.

"We're sorted then" josh perked up. "I don't know about mikey, but im gonna stay for a while longer"

"i-is it okay if-"

"Of course you can stay mikey, you don't even have to ask" tyler warmly smiled.

The three just chatted about different topics and laughed until it was time for josh and mikey to leave.

"i love you tyler" josh pulled tyler into a tight hug and kissed him softly on the lips. tyler returned the I love you, and then said goodbye to mikey, who mentioned the kiss, but wasn't fazed about it.

after the pair left, tyler showered and slept, not bothering with eating. he thought about Ryan and felt bad for not texting him that day.

he picked up his macbook and sent a quick message to him, Ryan not replying in the space of twenty minutes.

"probably asleep" tyler said, drifting off himself.

~

Ryan wasn't asleep though.

He was more than awake.

He was numb from pain and his eyes were puffy from crying. he was bleeding and he was scared.

He'd never cut before.

what was wrong with him?