Chapter 1 New Year

~Chapter 1~

•New Year

Since the countdown, or even before the countdown, I've been hearing lots of fireworks and loud music coming from other houses.

"3-2-1, Happy New Year!!" The most common thing you hear after the countdown and we are kinda used to that already.

Our house is the only house in the neighborhood that didn't use fireworks to sound the opening of the new year.

Well we made sure the safety of the family, who knows maybe this time an accident as bad as losing a finger might happen. So what we did, we turned on the speaker, plugged in my iPod and played an album of David Guetta's music which I downloaded a few months ago.

We ate dinner accompanied by the Guetta's music spreading through the dining room. Like most Christmas and New Years, we had ham and other common food in occassions, like spaghetti and round fruits in a platter that in customs, they say it brings good luck.

"I'm so full!" I said followed by a yawn.

"That's because you ate an hour before." Added by my sister, Shane.

"Yeah, you're like Snorlax big bro, hehe." Added by my lil bro Owy.

We all laughed at Owy. He's just a lil kid so everything he says is like a joke to us.

"Oh Owy." My mom said patting Owy in the head with a wide grin.

"Owy and his little jokes, always finding a way to make us laugh." Added dad, which was indeed true.

"Hehe, I'll go back to my room now." I said in reply. I stood in front of the dining table, dragged the chair so that I can move out, pushed it back, passed by the speakers, unplugged my iPod and finally went to my room.

We helped mom prepare the food before. It was just us in the house. Our helper, Jona was allowed to go home to her family to spend the new year. but she'll be back after.

When I got to my room, I opened my laptop, and noticed I forgot it on and had it just locked. Guess I forgot because of too much excitment for the New Year.

And I realized my Facebook account was still logged in and the broadband I plugged in before I left, still there. Guess I really forgot about it.

Checked the notifications and there were a lot. News feeds were full of greetings. One of 'em was mine too, I greeted before I left for dinner. Hehe.

I then grabbed my phone, texted everyone a Happy New Year. Although a little replied, but it's okay as long as they have read it, that's all I wanted. Everyone's just so busy since it's a new year. I'm okay with it 'coz I know I am too and besides I sent them personal messages individually just a few hours ago before the countdown.

I lay down on my bed after I turned on the fan to 3 and it started rotating. The sound of the fan reverberates across the room. I tried listening to music by means of using earphones but this seems to keep me more active instead of sleeping.

Got my phone, checked the time, it was 1:22am and the noises of the fireworks and music from the neighborhood still continued. Guess they didn't had enough the past hour. I still can't sleep. The more I stay awake the more eye-bags I get. And I hate getting eye-bags. I only had them 'coz I've been staying up all night complying academic requirements.

So I tried, I closed my eyes thought of sheep, hehe. One thing a friend of mine told me. Well it didn't work. It never did to me.

So I emptied my mind and focused on sleeping. Then I went to sleep with the thought of: