Chapter 2

My alarm clock blared on the side of my bed. What time was it, I thought, still half asleep. I checked my clock. It was only 8 am, but my alarm was set for 10 am. That's when I realized, that sound wasn't coming from my clock. It was the storm alarm. I quickly grabbed my phone from my nightstand, jumped out of my bed and ran to my mother's room. "WAKE UP MOM! WAKE UP," I yelled at the top of my lungs. She sprang out of her bed the second she heard the alarm. We ran down the stairs, grabbed our coats and ran toward the storm shed. As we stepped out the door, the violent wind tore at our faces, trees broke of and blocked the paths and the heavy rain started to make huge puddles all around us. We finally reached the storm shed and locked the door shut. We listened to the loud howling of the wind as we sat on the cold floor, covered in our towels. I wondered if Amelia was going through the same trouble.

It was 10 pm. I had practically spent 12 hours in this little shed. I was tired and missed the comfort of the research facility. And that wasn't even the least of my worries. There wasn't even anything to do in this stupid shed. I decided to text Amelia to kill some time. She still wasn't replying. It had been a whole day, was everything okay? Not knowing what else to do, I decided to call Amelia's mother, Ms. Brooks. Luckily she picked up the phone. "Hello Ms. Brooks, is Amelia with you," I asked, relieved. All I heard was Ms. Brooks' muffled sobs and sniffs and my heart sank. "Roselyn something really bad has happened to Amelia and I need you to come as soon as possible," said Ms. Brooks. "What happened," I asked panicking. "All you need to know is that Amelia has amnesia," said Ms. Brooks as I heard her voice fade. "Hello, Ms. Brooks," I asked, dying to know more about Amelia. But, she was already gone. I quickly ran to my mother. "MOM! MOM! We need to go back to Ohio right now," I yelled as my heart was still pounding in my chest. I felt like my heart was going to come out of my chest. My breathing got heavier as my lungs struggled to keep up with rapid heart. "First, take a deep breath, calm down and then you can tell me what's going on," said my mother with her reassuring voice. She too was frightened, as she had never seen me this shook. As I took a deep breath, the memories of the yoga classes that I had attended last summer flooded my brain. The classes that I had took with Amelia. I instantly broke into tears. "There, there," I heard my mother saying as she wrapped her arms around me. "Mom, Amelia has amnesia. She's forgotten everything. I have to help her," I said, in between sobs. "Don't worry, honey. I'll book our tickets right now," my mother said. I was very tired and before I knew it, I was asleep.