chapter 3: the second pair of weekends

WIFE

From the day I forced him on clubbing, everything had changed, it felt strange seeing how lively my future husband was. I don’t know what he ate or what happen but I notice him on the phone always, talking happily and giggling, even when we are in a lunch, dinner or a walk. He always escaping whenever a call came, it’s fine with me since he told me it was his secretary, or a colleague or a friend.

He still treating me well so I never doubt. We still sleep together once in a while and we do the same thing, but something strange that struck in my mind. I can’t point out what is that until one night.

December 14, Friday at night

While we were on bed sharing our night, his phone vibrated and he left me on bed, cutting me from what we are doing. He said it’s his client and he needed to answer it, so he wrapped his lower body with the towel that ive used after I showered and join him on the bed, he run outside the room with the phone on his ear already. He took for almost 15 minutes and I was there on his bed, waiting. I rolled myself to the blanket and wished to just fall asleep, I was irritated already. 

He came back, laying back on bed, I tried to resume what was left but he told me that he’s tired already and he needed to wake up early the next day, he pulled lightly the blanket to share after he stroke my arm twice. I didn’t insisted since I’m not in the mood already. I sulk a bit and pulled the blanket to wrap myself again. I know he notice me and he cuddled me like a baby while kissing my back head.

I didn’t move but he continued until myself felt turned on again and my mood was changed again, it had been a week since we had made out and slept together and I don’t want to waste that free time. He caressed me once again until we both forgets that we need to wake up early. And I had forgotten how much irritation I felt when he left me hanging. With his soft kisses and touches makes me weak, he knows how to get me when im annoyed or something im not in the mood. I ruffled his hair and he continue to trace kisses on my neck, he stopped seconds once in a while but I didn’t mind it, he towered me and smiled to me, I melted and I had raised my white flag, I surrender, I can’t win to him no matter how much annoyance I have, just kissing me softly, he can make me drop my sword. I love him of course and I want this relationship free with arguments. I never questions things whenever I can’t find the satisfaction when we are making out, I know there’s something wrong but I will never ask for more. Taking me to a romantic night is just an assurance that he loves me, I convinced myself into that. It was long time ago when I first gave myself to him on this same bed. It ws long years since I received my first kiss from him. Fro that day on, I already marked it to my mind and especially to my heart that I will trust him. I trust him from the very start.

He landed on my side after and he wrapped me with his embrace. But the next morning, he wasn’t there anymore. A note was left beside me saying he’s gone to work early and he couldn’t wake me up. I look around and the place look so empty, we usually wake up together, we usually eat breakfast together. I spare that day and thought he was just busy lately that’s why he lost some of his time for me. 

The same thing happened even on the following weekend, I didn’t able to catch him. His condo unit was empty and he told me he’s spending the night at his office.

I shove everything that happens in that one week. I didn’t asked anyone to prove me that he’s spending the weekend’s night on the office. I trust him. I don’t need to distrust him, I don’t need anyone for me to realize that there is already something that goes wrong because I don’t want to doubt everything about him. And I love him. 3 weeks left and we will say yes to the altar, and I am looking forward on that day.