00

Jonas Stanley was having the time of his life as he drunkenly danced with a group of girls, some of them grinding up against him. His cup - filled with a substance unknown to him but did its job to make Jonas forget - was held high in the air, it's contents likely spilling out as Jonas danced around. But the boy was far too gone to care.

The smell of smoke and sex was in the air and no matter where you looked there was a drunk college student, making the large living room area look smaller than it was.

This was just a regular Friday night for Jonas. Saturday nights were the same but Friday was always when the craziest parties were held. Jonas wasn't necessarily proud of the fact that he partied and drank, sleeping with a new girl every week, but after a particularly stressful day, it made him feel so much better.

"Excuse me, ladies," Jonas said as he stopped dancing, slightly slurring his words. "I'll be right back." The girls were disappointed but Jonas was soon forgotten when another hot guy joined them.

He made his way quickly to the bathroom as it felt like the unknown drink wanted to come out of the boy's system. He wished he could say that he weaved his way skillfully through the mess of people but in actuality, Jonas pushed and shoved people out of his way, not afraid to use his elbow if they didn't move.

It wasn't long before he was in the bathroom and hurling up the contents of his stomach. He sat back with a sigh before getting up and looking at himself in the mirror, leaning onto the counter for support.

Jonas' upper lip curled in disgust the longer he looked at himself. He was disgusting and not just because his shirt was all wrinkled and his hair messed up as he smelt heavily like beer and cigarettes. It was more so of the fact that Jonas was allowing himself to be put through this and ultimately, everything bad that's ever happened to him was his fault.

Now some may think that's harsh, but to Jonas it was simply the truth. I mean, his own family sent him away to a boarding school because they couldn't deal with him. They had given Jonas plenty of warnings but he didn't listen. That was his downfall, and now he had to pay the price.

That's probably why no one ever loved him - not even his own family. Because he was a pathetic excuse of a human being.

That moment, as Jonas stared at himself in the mirror and pointed out all his flaws - inside and out - wasn't the first time that Jonas had been so hard on himself.

Ever since his parents sent him to boarding school, he just didn't know what to do with himself. His own parents didn't even love him enough to stay with them and that ultimately lead to a lot of his rash decisions.

Every time Jonas had these negative thoughts about himself, he drank, which fuelled the negative thoughts. It was a never ending cycle, a nightmare, for Jonas.

He was a ghost. Simply a ghost of what he used to be; the happy, albeit sarcastic, teenage boy. He couldn't even call himself a living corpse because he wasn't living. Just floating through life with no direction or path. And no one to hold his hand while he did.

Jonas' eyes hardened as he stepped back from the mirror. His thoughts were making him feel more depressed than usual, and he couldn't have that.

He quickly exited the bathroom and chugged down the contents of the first cup he saw. He continued the process until he made it back downstairs where he resumed dancing.

Jonas didn't know how much more he drank but the next thing he knew he was waking up in a white room with a loud beeping noise, and his parents standing at the end of the bed.

It didn't take long for the brunette so realize that he was in the hospital as he had been in one many times before. Sometimes for him and sometimes for others but that didn't bother him. What bothered Jonas the most was that his parents were there and they didn't look too happy.

Jonas wasn't surprised, they never were impressed whenever they had to pick him up after one of his escapades. By their expressions, the boy could tell that they were a little worried - which somewhat shocked him as they never cared - but mostly they were furious.

Sarah and Daniel Stanley were definitely not amused as they glared at their son with pursed lips and clenched fists.

"Hey mom, dad." Jonas greeted with a smirk, planning to pretend as if nothing was wrong which he knew would aggravate his parents. "Just stopped by to say hi? Well how sweet is that."

Jonas' father let out a slow breath to calm himself down otherwise he just might've ended up strangling the kid who was the most frustrating at all the wrong times.

"Jonas Stanley this is not funny!" Sarah exclaimed, not only shocking Jonas himself but Daniel as well. Sarah was known for her soft spoken personality so to hear her shout was a rarity. "You promised you would stop drinking and partying and yet here we are at the hospital because you did exactly that!"

That made Jonas mad. They weren't allowed to dictate him. He could do whatever he wanted and if that meant making himself an early grave, then so be it. It was his body after all.

Jonas didn't hesitate to respond with a snarky comment and it wasn't long before the three were in a full blown argument; Daniel butting in to help out his wife. Jonas found it a bit unfair that it was two against one but it's not like he could really complain. At the end of the day they were his parents and in some twisted way, he did love them.

So, Jonas calmed down and then began to ignore everything that the two were spewing at him. They couldn't hurt him anymore. He had grown a tougher skin and it wouldn't work the way it used to.

Jonas was actually even going to apologize - and least that's what he told himself - until his parents dropped a huge bombshell on him, stunning him into silence.

"You're moving back to Forks."

<<<<<>>>>>

Here it is!! The prologue is finally here and I'm actually surprised I was able to do it so quickly, but who knows if I'll be able to do that for the rest of the chapters but lets hope!

Feel free to:
VOTE,
COMMENT,
& FOLLOW ME ON WATTPAD