-12

"I'm so happy for you, yet so mad at the same time," Garcia said.

The team gathered around Reid's desk. Spencer had his things packed into a box and was saying his final goodbye's to the team. They wanted so badly to convince him to stay but knew it just wouldn't be right. 

"I just don't see it," Rossi said. He had been staring at Reid with a puzzled look. As a profiler, it was hard for Dave to understand why a genius like Spencer would downgrade to become a detective. "I get that you're moving in with Carter and you'll be closer to your mom and all that but, you had other job offers. You turned them down and chose to be a detective,"

Spencer shrugged, "Let's just say I'm going for a different pace,"

"When does your flight leave?" Hotch asked.

"What're you, trying to rush the kid out the door," Morgan said, jokingly.

Spencer laughed, "It leaves in an hour,"

Simultaneously, the team frowned. They really had to say goodbye to such an important person in their lives.

"Take care of yourself Reid," Hotch shook his hand and then backed away. 

"I'll give you a call if I'm ever in town," Rossi patted him on the back and with Aaron, walked away from the group.

The group that was left exchanged glances, wondering who would speak up first. Morgan, Emily, JJ and Garcia were a lot closer to Reid than Hotch or Rossi. Nonetheless, the two older agents had their good times with the genius.

"I'm gonna miss you a hell of a lot," Emily spoke up. She embraced Reid with a hug and into his shoulder, she said, "Promise me you'll be careful,"

"I promise," Reid said.

Garcia was next. She pulled Spencer into a hug that seemed never ending. Finally, she let him go and wiped away her tears. 

"Hey," Spencer smiled, "I'm not dead,"

"Well it feels like the BAU is without you," JJ interjected. 

For a moment, there was silence. "I'm sorry guys, I know this is kind of sudden-"

"Don't be, we all pretty much knew once Carter left," Morgan said. He found himself wrapping his arms around Spencer. "You call us if you need anything,"

"I will," Spencer nodded.

Finally, JJ gave him a nudge. "Henry is going to miss you," she said.

"And you're not?" Spencer laughed.

"Of course I am," JJ smiled and gave him a hug. 

Spencer picked up his box, "Bye guys,"

The group watched as Spencer headed towards the elevator. He stopped for a moment and turned around. His desk hadn't been empty for years, now it seemed out of place next to JJ's and Emily's. Silently, Spencer said one final goodbye then entered the elevator in front of him.

----

The LVPD police precinct Reid was assigned to smelled of old coffee and sweat. Apparently, this was the nicest place Monroe could send him. Spencer sat at his new, empty, desk and drank his coffee. He was waiting for Detective Finn Davidson, his new partner to show up. The case file in front of him was a simple homicide case. Spencer observed the picture of the victim and began running possible scenarios of what lead up to his murder.

"Stop profiling and look at the evidence," Davidson said, interrupting Reid's thoughts. He walked around to the desk in front of Spencer and sat down. "Look at the evidence, profiling won't pass in court,"

"Well actually it could, but I wasn't profiling, just doing some basic-"

"-profiling," Davidson finished, knowing that wasn't what Reid was about to say. "You can't think like a big shot FBI agent. You have to think about what will nail our killer in court,"

Spencer sighed and put down the case file. He leaned back in his chair and nodded, "So, where do we start?"

Davidson opened the case file and pointed at a specific section, "His last known location is at a bar, a mile away from the dump site. We go there and ask workers, or regular costumers if they've seen him," he said. Finn stood up and grabbed his jacket, "Oh yeah and, start wearing dress shoes, get rid of the messenger bag and maybe get a haircut. People will take you more seriously,"

Reid gave Finn a slightly confused look, held the strap of his bag, and got up with him. "I like my converse, and the hair is getting to be a bit much, but, I still like it long,"

"I used to work with Monroe, so he tells me things. You want people to take you seriously. I do, you're a god damn genius for crying out loud, but the rest of Las Vegas might see you as someone who doesn't belong," he sighed.

"You think we have time to stop at a barber?" Reid asked, jokingly.

Davidson grinned, "Sure, but first we have a killer to catch," he said, holding up the case file.

As he and Finn headed for the door, Spencer turned around and walked back to his desk. The messenger bag over his shoulder seemed heavier than usual now that Finn told him to take it off. Feeling like he was losing a piece of him, he slid the bag off of his shoulder and onto the desk. It kinda does look ridiculous. Spencer saw that Finn was almost out the door, so he hurried to catch up with him. He followed Finn into a car that was right outside.

Inside the car, Finn handed Spencer the case file. "There's a phone number for the bar in there, give them a call and let them know we're on the way,"

Spencer nodded and went to grab his phone out of his pocket, but it was missing. "Do you mind if I borrow your phone?" Spencer asked, slightly embarrassed.

"Where's yours?" Finn asked, handing Reid his phone.

"My messenger bag,"