Chapter 1. Angel

~~Trigger warning ~~

    Cold. That's all I'll say about the weather. You're hearing this from someone who moved all the way from the hot Florida to Maine, so yeah. I'd consider this cold, but as I walked down the street, there's people who is wearing shorts and even tops, like it was the start of summer, which it wasn't. I left the house around five minutes ago, and I felt like frozen already. But I promised my cousin I'll go with them and our friend, Nelly, to the movies. I just needed to wait for them.

    But, after their karate class.

    The worst thing about it? It was the last class of the day, so they go out from the back door, faced to an alley, near to a back door of an old close hotel. And if my memory doesn't fails, some kids at school call it 'the refugee' where people stay during the winter season.

    The darkness of the ally, didn't let me recognize a figure near to one of the walls. I know it wasn't a simple dumpster, it had humanoid form, so I supposed it was actually something alive. Not specifically human, but I couldn't jump to conclusions, of course. It wasn't untill I got there, that I recognized who was there. And honestly, I would rather have what I thought it was than her.

    Starla Gretel. A robust girl with half of her head shaved and the other side dyed in red. She was the typically type of bully who dressed as a tomboy and always trying to steal the money from the little kids. I supposed that was the reason why she was there. Poor kids... it didn't matter they were learning Karate, that girl will still fighting and for sure win. Her dark and kind of sinester eyes stopped on my when I got near to her sight radio.

    "Ghost." She murmured, as she chukled, even that small deep laugh was enough to making my bones shiver. She made sure to repeated it again and out loud so I could hear little song over the music on my headphones.

    "Brainless." I murmured under my breath, in the most unheard , the last thing that I need was having problems with Starla during the thanksgiving week. It was going to be enough having her during the whole school year.

    I sat down over a old empty dumpster. I could clearly hear myself saying that it was not a good thing to do, but my legs hurt a little as I wasn't use to walk long distances. I put Paramore to all the volume I could put, mostly to avoid anything that came out of Starla's mouth.

    The next thing I knew, was that Starla rushed towards me. I don't know what or why. But, she did.

    I moved as fast as I could to dodge her fist. Almost made myself fall into the garbage in the side, but managed to stood up on the ground. I lose my phone alone with the headphones when I moved. On the other hand, and for a little of satisfaction, Starla hit her own stomach with edge of the dumpster I was sitting on.

    "You'll pay for that! Ghost girl!" She exclaimed, obviously furious. The vein in the side of her head seems to grown a little.

    She rushed into me again, which was enough to make me scream in surprise. The girl was almost as twice as me, in everything. Except maybe brain, it was for sure hers was as the size of a peanut. I avoid two blows to the side, and jump when she draw her leg, trying to make me fall. Being skinny had it advantage at fighting big girls. The only thing that I didn't expected was the knife she took out of her pocket from her jacket. The most logical explanation, was that she was gonna used just to threat me, but her plan didn't go as she thought. The knife made a big cut on my right cheek.

    When she saw blood running down my face, she started to run, as well, down the avenue. My guess was in the direction of her own house.

    The same beautiful tickling on my cheek was the same one that I've been trying to avoid. But, as soon as I felt it. It disappear. Now, I was just waiting for the voices to arrive. And just to make life more miserable than what already was, my cousins went out of the back door in seconds.