Chapter 1

Aaron's POV

"Why are we hear Aaron?" Zak complained as I drove up to the orphanage.

"I told you I am adopting someone," I explained.

"Are you even eligible?" Nick asked following me out.

"Yes," I retorted, "I got a call a week ago ."

"Then how do you know whom you are going to adopt," Zak asked as he shut the car door.

"I was given papers of those who can be adopted soon after the call," I told them.

"Is it the best idea that you look after someone, even though you have trouble with yourself," Zak asked sarcastically.

Nick and Zak chuckled.

I glared at both of them, "You said I shouldn't be left alone."

"That doesn't mean you go and adopt a little kid," Zak chuckled.

Nick was trying to hold in his laugher.

"She is not some little kid, her name is Salem and she's 14," I scoffed at them.

"How long has she been here?" Nick asked, controlling his laugher.

"3 months, according to the papers," I said looking through the file.

"That's not long, that can't be good either," Zak said.

"I know, now let's go," I said, pulling them in with me.

We walk inside the 3 story building ask gather my papers to adopt Salem.

"Hello sirs? Can I help you?" A woman asks coming up to us.

"Yes I am Aaron Goodwin and I'm here to adopt Salem," I said to her.

"Salem, Salem, ah yes Salem hold on," she said.

"Sami," she called, "someone is here for Salem."

"Hold on just a minute," a voice called.

Before she walked away I asked, "What is Salem like?"

"I wouldn't know, I'm not the caretaker of that wing," the woman says promptly before she walked away.

I looked at Zak and Nick. Zak was holding the bridge of his nose muttering about how he can't believe I'm doing this, and Nick is waving at the kids looking at us from the railing above us.

Soon enough a lady came down and introduced herself.

"Hi I'm Sami, sorry for the wait, Salem had a bit of a situation, but she's fine if you'd like to see her," she said shaking me hand.

I got worried when she said Salem had a situation.

"I'm Aaron and what would that situation be?" I asked.

"She just hyperventilated, was probably triggered by a memory," she said smiling, "follow me."

I looked at Zak and Nick, giving them a confused look, but only to receive a hand wave to follow her.

"What memory would that be, if you know," I asked.

"Oh the same old one. She has PTS by the way, it causes her to remember something, then hyperventilate, I have no idea why," Sami rambled.

"Yes, but by what memory," I asked again.

"Oh the one that got her in here of course. Such a tragic story. She was so upset she would eat and when she'd sleep, she'd start screaming, poor girl," Sami said, clearly avoiding the answer.

"But what memory," I asked for the last time.

"Oh the one of her dad and her mom, poor girl, she didn't deserve for that to happen, or to even watch it. I think what hurt her more was to testify against her own father," she cooed to the air.

Seeing is how I wouldn't het the strait answer I gave up, but out a few of the pieces together.

"Well here she is," Sami said leading me to a room.

And there she sat. With her black hair and her brown eyes, Salem played with her palm nervously. I gave a short rap on the door frame, and her head picked up, making eye contact immediately.

"Hi I'm Aaron," I said approaching her with a hand shake.

"Salem," she replied, taking my hand.

I smiled trying to be comforting, and got a weak smile back.

"So Salem, what do you like to do?" I asked.

"Well I play piano," she said pointing over to the piano by the wall.

"Can I hear you play?" I asked.

"Um..s," Salem was interrupted.

"How about you Salem pack up your bathroom and I'll get your bags to his car," Sami said.

"Um ok," Salem said awkwardly.

"It's ok, I have a piano at home," I explained.

"Here I'll take these," I said, and grabber her suit cases.

I gave Sami a weird look and made my way downstairs as Salem followed me.

The guys looked at me then back at Salem.

"Guys this is Salem," I turned to Salem and noticed her backing up.

"Salem it's ok, that's Zak and Nick," I said.

She nodded and slightly hid behind me.

I watched her and saw how nervous she was.

"Come on let's get to the car," I said.

She nodded and followed me to the car.

"Here you can put your bags in the trunk," I told Salem.

"Ok," she said.

"Let's go," I shouted at the guys.

I got into the drivers seat as Zak got in next to me, and Nick and Salem got in the back.

"I hope you don't mind Salem, but we have to go do an interview for our work,"

"Sure I don't mind," she said.

"Ok then," I said.

I couldn't stop smiling as I drove away.

------------------------------------------------

Well? Thoughts? Help me maybe?

By the way I do not own ghost adventures, and I don't actually know if Aaron has a piano in his house.