Before Vanity!

"Are you f *cking kidding me Right now Jack?  I want to be a singer. You can help me get there!"

I said to my agent Jack over the telephone, twirling my phone cord within my fingers.

"Why don't you come in on Saturday I might have something for you."

"Alright, Jack great,  Saturday it is..... Ooh, hmm."

I am immediately distracted by his kisses on the nape of my neck; it's Adam my lovely and yes beautiful British androgynous boyfriend kissing the nape of my neck, turning me on.

He takes the phone out of my hand and hangs it up.

"Hmm baby it's been a while, I love you so much, honey."

He said pulling down the zipper of my dress.

Come on let's shower; I want to make love to you before I leave for my tour.

I turn to him, and I said;

"Hmm, that sounds great maybe you will get me your agent?"

I asked turning around and tracing my fingers down his chest. Adam was cute pale silky smooth skin a bonafide star.

He wanted me to make it on my own without his help. I only wished he would change his mind.

We took a shower together and had mind blowing sex, or at least that is what I thought, little did I know I would eventually meet him. Just who is he? Well, he is a sexy slim genius, who would take me on a roller coaster ride. But more about him later.

"Hmm see you later babe."

Adam said kissing my forehead and walking out the door.

I tossed in bed and turned on the Telly. A commercial came on for Rick James tour

I was intrigued oh no not by Rick James; I was more intrigued by the side at the handsome, sexy guy wearing briefs and tights tuning into the microphone with a guitar strapped around his shoulders. I wanted to meet him would that be possible I wondered?

I tossed and turned around in bed hoping to catch a nap. But I couldn't help but think about him; Just what is he like in real life?

What is he like I wondered, is he tender or wild. I begin to imagine what life could be like if we were together. I had seen Rick James once or twice around the area, especially in the music industry you tend to run into these folks all the time.

Rick had been trying to get with me for a while now, and I could almost say his persistence almost weighed down my resolve to stay with Adam. Oh, Adam my British sexy boyfriend I love his accent it sounds so "polite." Turns me on every time! Every time he makes love to me he yells out my name and "Denise." I felt like the queen of England!

Lost in my thoughts, It didn't occur to me how much time had gone by since Adam left, that's when I got my telephone rang once more. It was Adam

"Hey, darling are you up?"

"I think I might have the agent for you get dressed."

"But aren't you supposed to be at the airport?" I asked him

"I am but before I leave I would like us to go to this agency; who knows they  just might be the want ones to help you get that big Break you need in the music business, so be ready, I'll pick you up."

I couldn't believe it, I was ecstatic, I said to him:

"I love you, " and he replied:

"thank you" and then he up the phone.

I couldn't believe it Adam had put together a meeting with a significant agent in the music industry; now I can finally realize my dream to become a superstar.

I can let go of my past hurt from my father. He was not there for me, he hurt me and my mother who just took it all without saying a word.

It wasn't like she could do anything to stop it I reasoned to myself "she was very fragile."

I put on my best sexy outfit 1980 is almost over hopefully 1981 would be a better year.

Adam picks me up; he drives me over to the agency, but we got there too late, the agent had unfortunately left for the day due to a family emergency.
we had not choice but to reschedule, downcast, we made our way out of the building.

But just as soon as we were about to leave, who do we see walking in the door?

None other than the hottest "Superfreak" Funkmaster of the time, Rick James.
As expected, He started flirting with me. I have to say; he was not very subtle with his advances, on the contrary, he goes full on out and says to me with Adam standing right there

"what are you doing with this white boy when I have something thick between my legs that would fill you up baby."

I have to admit Rick oozed confident a trait I found attractive. He promised me a record deal with Motown, and I must say I was interested.

"So, what do you say, mama, him or me?"