Chapter 3 : The Unexpected Person

Next scene : Next day... Minami is rushing to Akoyama International.

Minami : (running towards the building) What the heck!!! I woke up unusually late! I hope I'm not late!!

(She runs through the hallway not minding other students who are gossiping about her. She makes her way to the stairs and goes up hurriedly by skipping steps but she  miscalculates and trips, landing on the floor badly. Her books scattered around.)

Minami : Iteeeeeeeeee....! [Awwwww!] (mutters) What an unlucky day... (desperately gathers her stuff)

(A girl named Bich passes by with her friends.)

Margo (Thai) : (chuckles) Would you look at her?

(Minami overhears even though she's busy keeping her things.)

Bich (Vietnamese) : Pitiful. Students shouldn't really be running around.

Mai : Who does? Only her? Is she planning to become a runner?

(They make fun of her.)

Bich : Yesterday, someone told me she was with a hot guy.

Mai : What? No way!

Margo : Definitely no way. She's a tomboy.

Bich : (giggles) It's possible.

Mai : What? If the guy's a... "gay".

(They continue laughing.)

Minami : (gets up and glares at them)

Bich : What are you looking at??

Minami : (chuckles away) Atashi no namae ga warui da to omou, omae no kawaiso. [And I thought my name was bad enough, yours is just a pity.]

Bich : Tch. Don't you go bragging about your Nihongo, Filipino!

Minami : (fixes her hair) Namae wa omae o teigi. [Your name defines who you are.] (smirks and leaves)

Bich : Kuso! You'll have your turn, Naruse-kun!

Scene : Minami sneaks in her class and luckily no one notices. She immediately takes her studying materials and listens to the lecture After class...

Minami : (walking in the hallway while reviewing her notes) ... Kanji's getting really complicated now.*sigh... (sees Christine walking into her office) Ah! Miss Christine!

Christine : Oh! Minami-san! Genki?

Minami : (goes to her) Just finished my class.

Christine : How is it so far?

Minami : Advancing. (shows her the notes)

Christine : Kanji?

Minami : (nods)