Chapter 1-His Name

New Years Eve, 2017

His name was heavenly. The sound of it made my heart flutter. How is he so perfect?

His name was breathtaking. I can't compare it. Why can't I be as perfect?

His name surrounds my thoughts. I am consumed by his name. Will I ever be loved by him?

When I go to school and see his face, I hear his name. My life is complete just with it.

Does he love me?
Will I ever be important enough for him?
Is he really the one I lose my mind for?
Why can't he see that I am an option to be with?

Probably not.
Most likely never.
Oh he is.
"Being gay is wrong." the marking of any prejudice homophobe I've met.

All these thoughts kept rushing through my mind. The questions made it hard to bare thinking of living without him, even if being with him only meant knowing him.

I noticed he started walking over to me. I forcefully tried to make my stance look normal. His name rolling through my mind, breathing slowly was the only option to keep from losing it. My heart pounded with every step he took.

How can someone so perfect ever notice my flawed and shattered soul?
Will time bring us together?
Why do i do this to myself?

I honestly don't know if I will ever find out.
Time hasn't helped me before.
I must really hate myself.

He turned and stared me down. I fell back and pretended that I wasn't staring at his beautiful face, but to my surprise he smiled and started my way. Even his smile was perfection.

I quickly returned the smile trying to play it cool. He walked over and grabed my hands. I felt the warmth of his skin against my own.

"Wow, it is hard to hear over the count down!" I yelled at him trying to reach over the sound, but not showing my inner emotions at the surface.

"Do you love me?" he said with conviction. My whole body went into shock. I could't even grasp the thought of us two. His hand's grip got stronger, and his eyes became more dreamy than ever before.

"5-4-3-2-1," the huge crowd of friends screamed around me. But with every number announced I got deeper and deeper into his bright and beautiful eyes, as they stared at me. I could feel them in my soul. I could feel them searching for something very personal.

And then he kissed me.

And everything else was a blur.

Does he love me?
Will I ever be important enough for him?
Is he really the one I lose my mind for?
Why can't he see that I am an option to be with?
How can someone so perfect ever notice my flawed and shattered soul?
Will time bring us together?
Why do I do this to myself?

Blur.
Blur.
Blur.
Blur.
Blur.
Blur.
Blur.

"I love you Grant," he whispered in my ear. The words pressed my ear with sincerity. Am I worthy of his love?

I could tell my face was stuck in a state of awe. My eyes were wide, and my body felt like jelly in his grip. He kissed me again, this time harder than before. This time causing my muscles to go numb.

There was someone who cared for me after all. I didn't feel alone for once. How could I with his lips on mine?

His name was Kai. Kai Peters.