Ch. 17: Behind the Black Horizon

Lucien had betrayed all of us and taken Freya and Vincent to Mystic Falls so that they could cast a spell that would turn him into an unstoppable, so-called beast from the prophecy. 

It was like an Original hybrid upgrade. 

When he had been killed, Lucien had woken, and been able to easily fight Elijah and Finn at the same time, and managed to bite Finn. He would have killed them all in Mystic Falls if Freya hadn't put up a boundary spell to keep them safe from him. 

But the bite from Lucien had also managed to kill Finn, unable to heal from Klaus' blood, so Klaus, Freya, Elijah and Kol put their brother to rest and vowed vengeance.

Kol was also hexed by the Ancestors, enraged every minute of every day, barely holding on to his humanity.

And they also learned that Lucien had made two of the serum that had created him, and that he had broken Aurora free from the prison that Klaus had put her in in the cemetery, so that he could turn her into what he was now. 

It was only a matter of time before something happened that no one could take back, leaving all of us in devastation.

*Sorry for the recap chap, but I didn't find anywhere where Noah would fit into the episode without forcing it. Most of it was about family and Davina/Kol's situation, so Noah wouldn't have been a good fit.