Chapter 14

**Ace's POV**

Felix came out with a small glass bottle with the black dreamshade sap. Peter dipped an arrow into it and held it up right in front of Hook's face.

"See this arrow? A dreamshade coated tip. The others don't have that. I'll put them into a sheath and your second favorite here gets to pick the arrow. If it's this one, you die. If it's not, I let you and your crew leave and go back to your ship."

I rolled my eyes. Why did everything have to be a game? How hard is it to just kill him?! I walked over to Peter who was putting the arrows in the sheath.

"Why can't we just kill him?" I asked.

"It's all apart of the game, there's not fun in that," he said with a smirk.

"Yeah, and what happens when John doesn't pick the coated arrow? He's set loose and next time he comes back he'll have a better plan."

"And we'll play another round. That's the game, everyone is where I want them."

"Whatever," I mumbled.

Peter turned and unfroze John, who stood there glaring at us. "I'm not doing anything you want me to do," he growled.

"You see, I think you will, because, if you pick, your father has a chance at living. If you don't, well, there is no chance."

Reluctantly, John slowly walked over. "Why would you want to save him?" I spat as he walked by.

"He's my father!"

"Still doesn't mean he ever did anything for you!"

"So you're saying if you were in my shoes, you'd just let him die?" John asked.

"Without thinking twice."

"You always were selfish. You want him dead for you, you don't care how others feel just you," he told me.

"Exactly why I'm becoming a villain, love," I said sweetly. He rolled his eyes and grabbed an arrow. He yanked it out and held up the tip in front of my face.

"Looks like it isn't your lucky day," he said. I glared at the non-coated tip.

Peter turned and unfreeze Hook and his crew. "Don't even try anything, pirate. My boys got their arrows pointed at you and trust me, they never miss."

"But I'm not the one trying anything," Hook said, raising an eyebrow. I looked at him confused when all of a sudden, John whipped around and sank a dagger into my stomach. I screamed, falling to my knees and the Lost Boys let their arrows fly, all of them hitting John. There was no sense of having them coated with dreamshade. He was dead.

I looked at my brother's lifeless body and once again, I thought I should feel something. But I didn't. Not one bit of sorrow. I wasn't going to miss him. Part of me wanted to breakdown crying, even though I didn't feel bad. But just because of what he did, his betrayal like the rest of my family.

"Your plan was flawed, and now you've lost your son in an attempt to kill your daughter. But look, she's still alive. Did you really think you could get away with this?" Peter laughed. "You think you're such a clever pirate but you're-"

"Peter," I mumbled, cutting him off. I looked at my hand. It was glowing a gold color, and then everything went black.

**Peter's POV**

I watched in horror as Ace fell on her side, unconscious, glowing an odd gold color. The boys rushed to her, trying to see what they could do.

"Im not clever?" Hook asked laughing. "You see, that dagger was enchanted, and only I know how to break the curse." I threw Hook against a tree with my magic and held him there.

I leaned in close to his face. "You will tell it to me."

He smiled. "And that's where your wrong. She has seven days until the curse kills her. She gets weaker every single day. That gives you seven days to come and turn yourself in to me if you want her to live. You wanted to play games, mate, then here we go."

"Give me a reason why I shouldn't kill you where you stand."

"Where's the fun in that? And then, no one alive can tell you the antidote."

I backed off, letting him down. I pointed at him. "I'll find a way without having to come to you. I will."

"Good luck with that."

I took a deep breath. "If I do, you promise to give me the antidote?"

"I swear on my one good hand. I'll give you time to think about it. Let's go men!" Hook called as they began to walk out of the camp. "Seven days, Pan. Seven." Hook reminded me before walking off into the woods.

I turned back to Ace and stomped over. "Out of the way," I growled to a boy next to Felix. I yanked him away by his collar and knelt down next to Felix.

"Anything?"

"No. Hook may really be the only one to know the antidote, none of us have seen this before."

"Neither have I," I grumbled.

"Can you fix her?" asked one of the younger boys, around thirteen when he came here, Miles.

"I don't know, Miles," I snapped. I was mad, and I wasn't going to hide it.

"Why not try magic?" Runner asked.

"What did you think I wasn't going to try magic?!" The boys all seemed to shut up.

Ace was no longer glowing (except for where the dagger pierced her skin). I held my hand over her body, hoping to heal her. I closed my eyes, thinking about her being healed. About her being okay. Her smile and how she laughed, everything that made her lively. I opened my eyes and there was nothing. Her wound still glowed some and I knew she was still cursed. Magic wasn't going to help, only the antidote was.

Suddenly, her eyes flew open and she took a deep breath. "Ace," I sighed in relief. Relief seemed to flood over the boys as well.

"I heard everything," she mumbled. "You're not going."

"I should've known you'd say that," I growled. "How'd you hear it?"

"I was unconscious, but I could still hear what was happening in my surroundings," she explained. "I can't let you go."

"You have to."

"No!" she exclaimed. Ace looked over at the boys. "Who's up for target practice?" She was trying to change the subject and pretend she was all right. How could she just pretend? She obviously wasn't okay.

They laughed and smiled, running to get their bows. Felix and I stayed next to her. "You can't just pretend nothing's happening, obviously something is."

"I have seven days. Until I die, we're going to pretend I'm not dying. It's better for them."

"But it's not better for you," I said, frustrated.

"And I don't care what's good for me, I'm going to die either way," she growled, standing up. "I'm living it the way I want to, and nobody is going to stop me." She walked over to the other Lost Boys and grabbed a crossbow.

"You're not going to let her die are you?" Felix asked.

"No, and I have seven days to come up with a plan."

**Author's Note** Sorry guys I've been struggling with a serious case of writers block I rewrote this who knows how many times I hope you liked it

ANY WHO I want to know of what you would all think of a new cover. It would be in color and Peter is smiling and the title will be in cursive I can't put it on the side (sorry) but I'm curious to see if you guys would rather a new one so please comment yes or no!

THANK YOU ALL for 1.27k reads I am overly excited to see everyone reading even though I'm a horrible writer

-Peyton