Love Is In The Air

A/N : Life is uncertain, not unlucky.

Today is a very special day 🌌

Dk, as promised, went to Akshay to talk to him. I was really happy, maybe he would make Akshay understand the importance of his home, his school and his parents.

I was happy, but that didn't mean that I wasn't curious. It had been almost 4 hours since Dk went inside Akshay's room. It was almost 10 at night and this worried me.

"Enough is enough" I said to myself and made my to Akshay's room. I decided not to knock this time, what of Akshay gets startled or he thinks that I'm intruding. What if Dk thinks that I don't trust him?

Yeah

So I decided against knocking.

I silently opened the door and after seeing the view inside,I was happy that I hadn't knocked.

In front me was Akshay who was sprawled on his bed, much like starfish and was sleeping with his mouth open, emitting cute little snores.

And

On the other side was Dk dozing of on a chair with his head tilted to the side. He didn't seem to sleeping peaceful though. Every now and then he was uttering a few words, with tiny whimpers in between.

I tip toed to Akshay's bed and covered him with a blanket.

Next I went to Dk and gently cupped his face with my hands and moved his head in the center so that he didn't crane his neck. "n-no.....plea-....d-don't.. go" his unclear voice shifted my attention to his face where a frown sat in the middle of his forehead , furrowing his eyebrows in the process. He was undoubtedly seeing a bad dream. I decided to wake him.

But before I could even try -

"R-radhe...please..n-no... lea-ve.. "

I immediately stilled. I looked at his face yet again. It didn't look as if he was awake, so why did he took my name?

Was he dreaming about me? And if yes, then where was I going?

"Dk, wake up , Dk" I whispered lowly so Akshay wouldn't wake up. But he didn't budge. His frown continued to deepen. I kept my hand on his cheek and lightly brushed it with my thumb just so he could get out of that dream. "Dk,wake up, I - I'm right here. Dk." I murmured and lightly patted his cheek with my other hand.

"Radhe...don't g-go.. " He continued mumbling and almost started crying. My face crumpled seeing him sad. "Dk, love, wake up. Please" I shook his shoulder and stroked his face.

"Dk, wake up, I'm here. See" I said a bit more loudly and he finally stirred. His eyes then immediately shot open and I backed away a little to give him breathing space. His frown immediately vanished and relief washed over his face.