Part 1

Marissa's POV
"No oh my god no" I scream as I look down at my best friend. The one keeping me sane, the one keeping me on this earth, the one who completely understands me. And there she is, unconscious, dead. On the hospital bed. Her arms still wrapped in bandages. She had gone too far and I'll never get her back. "You have to say goodbye now" the doctor says and grabs the edge of the bed. My world spins around me, and I faint.

I wake up to Maddie yelling at me to get up. I'm in my bed. Oh my god was that a dream. Please please let it be a dream. "Marissa! Now!" Maddie says as she drags me out of bed and into Demi's room. As I see her laying on her bed I would have ran over and hugged her as tight as possible, she's alive. But what stops me is that she's yelling, screaming, and thrashing around.

"Mar I-I don't know what to do. Dallas normally handles this but she's staying over a friends house. Please Mar, wake her up, I don't want her to keep having this nightmare." Maddie says, talking at the speed of light. I nod, rushing over to demi and trying to control her.

"Demi! It's Marissa it's Marissa you're okay! Demi!" I yell, trying to wake her up. Nothing is working. Sweat is rolling off her forehead and tears are rolling down her cheeks. I wrap my arms around her and she grasps onto me, her eyes wide open.

"Please don't please stop! Help me please!" She yells, sobbing.

"Dems baby it's okay you're okay I promise it's just me you're okay." I say, and demi slightly relaxes.

"W-where's D-Dally" Dems chokes out.

"She's with her friend remember? It's okay you can talk to me babygirl." I say in a soothing voice.

She turns serious and looks at me. "No Mar, I can't. I'm sorry I just can't tell you because then I'd have to say everything and I can't. I don't have to say anything to Dallas she knows everything already. She was there." I nod understandingly and lay down keeping my arms wrapped around my best friend.

"Lets try and get some rest Dems." I say and she nods and lets me hold her, giving her a sense of security. She starts sobbing and I just hold her tighter, I know I can't do anything else. Her sobs get louder and worse and I realize Maddie is still in here. She shouldn't be watching this. Demi is supposed to be strong for her, if Maddie sees demi like this all the time, Maddie won't be strong. But Demi can't help it. None of this is her fault.

"Mads go back to bed baby." I say, and Maddie nods slowly, walking back to bed. I hold Demi while she cries, letting her emotions take over her body. She does this every night, but she's only relapsed once.

"Dems, how about we go somewhere today?" I ask her and she quiets down and tries to stop crying.

"I have to go to the studio today. But you can come if you want... actually can you come? It's a different song than what I've sung before and I want your opinion." She asks and I smile.

"Of course ill come Dems." I tell her and she smiles and slowly falls back asleep.

A few hours later I sit in the studio listening to my best friend sing her heart out. She's amazing. I smile widely at her when she walks out of the booth. "Dems that was amazing!" I tell her and she smiles.

"Thanks, Mar." she smiles back and grabs her bag. " why don't we go out for lunch? I'll buy" she says holding up her credit card. I nod excitedly and we head out to her car.

Demi's POV
I close the car door and moan as I hold my stomach. "That was so good but I'm so full!" I say and Marissa agrees. "So Mar, how have you been?" I ask Marissa, we haven't talked about how she's been lately.

"Don't worry about me Dem." She says and I look at her with my eyebrows raised.

"What's wrong?" I say and she just stares at me. "What's wrong Marissa?" I ask again more assertively.

"Nothing Demi I'm fine!" She suddenly yells and I'm taken by surprise. She throws her hands in the air. "Just because of the one little thing that happened doesn't mean I'm not okay! I'm fine!" She yells again and I look into her eyes.

"Really?" I ask her, my gaze making its way over to her arm, the sleeve rolled down revealing fresh cuts. She notices and pulls her sleeve over her hand.

"Leave me alone." She says and I sigh.

"Was I this difficult?" I ask, not really expecting an answer.

"No. You were a lot worse." Marissa answers and I sigh again.

"I'm sorry." I tell her and she looks at me confused. I decide to explain. "Well if you weren't my best friend you probably wouldn't be doing.. this." I say and she looks down.

"It's okay." She mumbles barely audible. I look down then back up and begin driving home.

We all sat around the dinner table laughing and having fun. All four of us. I told Maddie and Dallas I needed to talk to them later and I need to talk to Maddie too. I know for a fact that she's still cutting. I'm just afraid I'll get triggered. But I'm stronger now and I can handle it. It's my job to clean up this mess I made. And by mess I mean making the four most important people in my life turn into me.