Chapter Three

Two days left till Christmas and Jason still hadn't felt the Christmas spirit, he wanted his dream to come true and slowly he's losing hope. Jason wanted to call his family and cancel the celebration but he didn't want to be rude. Jason wanted to believe everything will be okay, he wanted to prove to himself and Dante that he won't allow depression consume him. He's thankful for his family to keep him company, they tried their best to comfort Jason even when he didn't ask for it.

"These are the last of it" said Katherine as she placed the remaining present from their family under the Christmas tree.

"What am I going to do Katherine? How am I going to rejoice with our family if I don't feel the Christmas spirit?" asked Jason. Katherine wasn't sure how to answer his question, she didn't want Jason to force himself.

"Don't force yourself Jason" she said. She didn't know if it was the right thing say but she felt like she needed to. Jason knew there isn't much to say, all he can do is wait for his lover. Waiting is hardest part for Jason, still months away till Dante returns and time seem to slow down everytime he looks at the ticking clock. Its like the damn clock his teasing him as the hand slowly turn to the next number. 

With everything in his mind Jason couldn't help but notice the change of behavior with his mother and sister. He knew something was up and yet didn't bring himself to ask. His curiosity is killing him. Only two days away till Christmas Jason needed to make sure everything is ready for the special day.

"Dad already ordered the meat and aunt Susan is in charge of the desert" said Katherine. Jason quickly written it down in his small note book before forgets.

"Do you believe in Christmas miracles?" asked Katherine as she placed the plastic plates on the kitchen counter.

"What's with the random question" Jason replied. Jason wasn't sure if Christmas miracles exist, he remembers his mother telling about Christmas changing people lives when he was a young boy. He'd remember reading children books talking about Christmas miracles and yet he never witnessed or experienced one before.

"I do Jason, good things happen to those who wait" she says.

"I am not sure if I do Katherine but I hope one day I will" Jason replied. Katherine hugged her baby brother tight, she hated keeping secrets from Jason but its a secret she won't regret revealing.