Funeral

*shanes pov*

I finish straightening my hair and wipe off a tear. I hear a knock at the door, and open it. "You ready Shane?" Joey asks, "yeah.." We step outside in silence and get in the car. I can't believe this is happening. Just a week ago I was happily living with my beautiful girlfriend who I was going to propose to. But now im going to her funeral.

*flashback*

"Lisa! Babe! I'm home!" I yell stepping through the doors of our house."Lisa?" I yell once again. Huh, must be in the bedroom. I take off my shoes and casually walk to our bedroom.

"Lisa" is all I can get out. There she was hanging from the ceiling, she had cuts all up and down her arms and pills were scattered throughout the floor. I feel the tears rushing out of my eyes as I untie my angel. "L-lis-sa!" I sob. I find a note pinned to her shirt and I read it.

' Dear Shane,

Hey babe. I know this must be a huge surprise but I couldn't handle it anymore. I've been depressed for a matter of months now due to, we'll... I've done some things. I couldn't contain the guilt of telling you so I assumed this was the only way. I have been drinking a lot while your gone, and I have been doing drugs, cheating (yes I'm so sorry), stealing. I haven't been able to control my self. It's not your fault I promise! I never did anything because I wanted to, it's just there's allot of things in my life that you don't know about and I wish I could have told you sooner but.... Reality quickly slipped away from me. I regret everything.

Your a great boyfriend. Please get over me. I'm happier now, and I want you to be happy too. You were the best thing in my life. So please, make someone just as happy.

For me.

Please.

Love, Lisa'

*flash back over*

The tears fall out of my eyes as I play this memory over, and over. "Shane. I'm so sorry." Joey says leaning over to give me a hug. "I miss her so much" I reply. "Well, we're here, so let's go".

We walk in and find our seats and the funeral begins. Finally it's my turn to talk, I walk up to the front. "Lisa.." I begin barely able to speak "Lisa was an angel. She was the one thing that kept me going. When I found her I was barely able to move. My princess, gone. In her brief note she said she was regretful for the things she had done, and she said there were things she never told me. I just wish I could have been there to stop her. And listen to her. I wish she knew exactly how important she was to me. That I was going to purpose sometime that week." I hear a couple gasps from the crowd, somehow I make my eyes over to joey. He looks just as sad as me. He was getting to be great friends with her. I see him nod to me as if signaling to me 'it's okay'. "The last thing in her note was that I made her happy, and she wanted me to love on and make someone else happy. Somehow, I feel like that's the one thing I can't do for her." I pause and hold in a tear. "She was my everything." I end. Everyone respectfully claps lightly and I walk back to my seat. I quietly sob and joey pats my back. "I'm sorry Shane..... I'm so sorry...... It'll be okay" he whispers while hugging me gently.

I look at him, and I feel the most strong sense of gratefulness. "Joey Graceffa. Your the best friend I could have. I love you. " I say. And I mean it. He's the best friend I could have.