Four

|-|

I looked at Kayla from a rooftop a few yards away from her, it was close but she won't be able to see me. With the naked eye only, but if she uses her Sense, she will easily see me and worse, question me. She has grown to be a great Assassin and I felt proud for her parents about it. Knowing the death of my friends hurt me, so I decided to get help from a qualifies Assassin like her.

Once she went back inside her room, she hid the letter I gave her in her dresser and went to sleep. I took my leave and went to the lodging I rented nearby. I couldn't stay here much longer, my spies could barely keep my shop hidden and I have to go back as soon as possible.

\\==//

Damn it, I can't sleep properly. The letters' contents were spinning in my head, who wrote it, why need me if he or she could just talk with an Assassin in the court to help him? I sighed heavily and went to my desk where I wrote a letter back the the person who wrote the letter.

Dear Sir/M'lady,

The letter you gave me has kept me from sleeping with very many questions in my head. Who are you? How could I be sure that you're my father's old friend? And is London really being ruled by Templars?

To trust you entirely I need proof on what you know about me or my father. I am no fool to easily trust someone who says that he or she knows about me. Even without the business that I have to be involved with, I would take extreme precaution from someone who would randomly write to me about topics like this.

Sincerely,

Rose Kincade

I didn't write my whole name to keep the suspicion away if it were a Templar. I sealed it with my fake signature and went to sleep.

The following morning, I woke up to the sound of knocking on the front door. I put on a robe and went downstairs to open the door. Once opened, Chry stood in front of me. His eyes looked tired and before he could speak, he fell on my shoulder and was immediately sound asleep. I tried waking him up, but he wouldn't budge. With the act on being weak, I pulled him up with me to his room and gave him medicine to take when he wakes up. I got dressed and took the letter I wrote with me as I left the house, time to find out who gave the letter to me.

When I arrived there, I gave the letter to the lady on the front desk and left without a hitch. As for what I was going to do for the rest of the day, I will walk around town and probably stop by at the station. I could use a little sight-seeing from the roof of the station, since it was cloudy today and it looked like it was going to rain soon enough.

While walking towards the station, I see groups of children team up on pick-pocketing men and women as they walk through the crowds. When a little boy tried doing it to me, I immediately caught his hand and brought out a few shillings. I knelt down to match his height and placed the shillings on his palm while smiling "Don't get caught next time." He nodded and looked at someone behind me "Is he your husband?" I gave him a confused look and turned around.

The man from last night stood behind me with a smile on his face. "Good morning." Was all he said and gave the little boy a few shillings as well. He knelt beside me and messed the little boy's hair. "I'm not her husband, I don't even know her yet and she probably has her own prince already." He says and I stood up to hide my tomato red face from him. He does the same and the boy left saying "Too bad, you two looked like a nice couple.." with a smile and went on to follow his friends.

The man stood in place for a while and I left him there alone, I knew that he was going to follow me because of the events from last night. It's fine though, I could easily loose him in this crowd and go to my destination in no time. Using the tactics my father taught me from training, I swayed gracefully through the crowd and went to a different direction all in a split second.