Chapter 2

Isis' POV

We sat on the roof staring at the sky.

"Jim its-"I don't know how you manage it, Sarah. Trying to run a business while raising a felon - felon? - fellow - fellow like Jim," we hear Dr. Doppler say.

I look over at Jim and see him getting upset.

"Manage it? I'm at the end of my rope. Ever since his father left, well, Jim has never recovered. You know how smart he is. He built his first solar surfer when he was eight. But lately, he's been failing school, he's constantly getting into trouble, and whenever I talk to him he's like a stranger to me," Mrs. Hawkins says before sighing.

"Jim its not your fault," I say looking at the boy next to me.

He looked wounded by what his mother said. I felt bad, but before I could say something a ship started falling from the sky.

"Come on," I hear Jim say before heading off the roof.

"Alright wait for me Jim," I say sliding after him.

I jumped off and fell into Jim's arms. I blushed as he set me down, but soon forgot my embarrassment as he pulled me towards the ship.

"Jim I don't think we should head for that ship," I say as a tightening feeling filled my stomach.

"We have to Isis someone could be hurt," Jim says looking back at me with his big blue eyes.

"Fine Jim," I say sighing following after him.

We got to the ship, but Jim moved me behind him. I watch Jim go closer to the ship before knocking on it.

"Hey Mister are you alright in there?" Jim says as coughing could be heard for inside.

I was about to say something when the ship door opened.

"Ahh!" I screamed as Jim pushed me back a little.

We saw a creature fall out of the ship coughing. Jim moved to help him as I watched the feeling I had earlier wasn't going away.

"Mister are you alright?" Jim asks the guy.

"He's a comin'. Can ya hear 'im? Those gears and gyros clickin' and whirrin' like the devil himself!" the man says as Jim helped him to stand.

"Hit your head there pretty hard, didn't ya?" Jim asks looking over at me for help.

I sighed and help Jim get the guy to the inn.

"Mom is going to love this," Jim says as the guy moaned in pain.

We got to the front door of the inn before I moved to open it.

"James Pleiades Hawkins!" Mrs. Hawkins yells standing up from her surprised.

"Mom his hurt," Jim says as we laid him down on the ground.

"Lad, my chest," the man says pointing to the chest Jim brought with us.

"Oh," Jim says handing it to him.

"He'll be coming soon. Can't let them find it," the man says opening the chest.

"Who's coming?" Jim asks looking around a bit.

"The cyborg. Beware the cyborg," the man says handing Jim an orb before dying.

"Jim what-" I was cut out by a ship landing outside, "Jim."

Jim moved to the windows and moved some of the blinds up. I moved towards him getting worried.

"Jim what do you see?" I ask worried still.

"We need to move now," Jim says grabbing my hand and his mothers.

Jim pulled us upstairs then shortly Dr. Doppler followed us as gun shots could be heard downstairs with voices. Jim let go of our hands and looked worried.

"Jim are we going to get hurt?" I ask grabbing his arm.

He looked down at me and smiled weakly.

"Well be fine Isis," he says before pulling me over to the window were Dr. Doppler and Mrs. Hawkins were standing in.

"Jump!" Jim says pushing us all out of the window.

He pulled me close to him as we fell closer to Dr. Doppler's wagon. We landed and Dr. Doppler called out to his pet and the wagon started moving. Mrs. Hawkins looked back at the Inn and turned back around and put her hand in her hands.

"Mrs. Hawkins it'll be fine," I say touching her shoulder softly.

She looked up at me before crying softly in her hands. I sighed and felt Jim move his arms around with the orb he got. He open the wrap it was in and an orb with weird writing sat in his hands.

"Jim what is that?" I ask looking behind me to see Jim looking at he orb.