V. RUNNING TO STAND STILL

"Death omens!" Hermione Granger scoffed as she trekked along with Harry and Ron toward Hagrid's hut for Care of Magical Creatures. Savannah was walking with them as well, seeing as how she didn't have a class to teach at the moment and wanted to see Hagrid teach his first class. The half-giant had asked her to be there, anyway, for a bit of moral support. He was afraid the children wouldn't take him seriously and thought that since they all liked Savannah, having her around would help him out. 

Also, he'd mentioned Buckbeak would make an appearance at some point. And she loved Hippogriffs, so she couldn't refuse. 

"Honestly," Hermione continued in annoyance. "If you ask me, Divination's a very wooly discipline. Now, Ancient Runes... that's a fascinating subject." A smirk adorned Savannah's face as she listened to the young girl complain. It was rather amusing. 

"Ancient Runes?" Ron glanced at her in confusion. "Exactly how many classes are you taking this term?"

"A fair few."

Ron blinked. "Hang on," he said, his gaze narrowing in suspicion. "Ancient Runes is the same time as Divination. You'd have to be in two classes at once!"

"Don't be silly. How could anyone be in two classes at once?" Hermione said immediately, her gaze flickering toward Savannah. The History professor was one of only four people who knew of Hermione's use of the Time Turner; Dumbledore, McGonagall, Savannah, and Hermione herself. 

"Entirely impossible," Savannah agreed with a smile at the girl.

Ron's suspicion subsided, and Hermione was pleased. Harry, however, didn't seem to care much about the conversation at hand. Something was bothering him; Savannah could tell. "Harry, what's wrong?"

"Nothing," her god-son said quietly.

"I know that tone of voice," she told him, "and it most certainly means something."

"He's just sulking about what Trelawney saw in his tea reading today," Ron informed the only professor he even remotely liked. 

Savannah's eyebrows raised. "What did she see?"

"The Grim." Hermione rolled her eyes. "It sort of looked like a black dog, though apparently it's the Omen of Death."

"Trelawney reckons Harry'll die this year," Ron said with a shrug. 

A laugh bubbled up her throat and she smiled, clasping her hand on her god-son's shoulder affectionately. "Oh, Harry, you've got nothing to worry about," she told him confidently. Although Trelawney was a sweetheart, and she certainly did have an eye for the future, it always seemed to be somewhat foggy and at times she misread things. Savannah was certain that the black dog wasn't actually an omen of death, but instead a sign that Sirius was near. 

If anything, that revelation calmed her. 

"I don't?" Harry asked.

"See?" Hermione said smugly. "Even Professor Sage thinks Divinations is rubbish!"

Ron snorted. "The only reason you don't like Divinations is because Trelawney says you don't have the Sight," he mocked. She glared at him.

"Now now, you two, play nice," Savannah told them not unkindly as they finally reached Hagrid's hut. 

The newly-promoted Professor led everyone toward a small paddock near the Forbidden Forest. Savannah took to walking with him, so as to ease his nerves and to give Harry time with just his friends. She wasn't the type of parent figure to linger, as she knew that teenagers liked their space and didn't want to smother him. "Bloody hell, Savannah, I think I might wee my pants," Hagrid muttered to her nervously as he rubbed his clammy hands together.